“Who knew there was a place this cool in Monmouth!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Crush wine bar & tasting room
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Monmouth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 9, 2011

After going to a nearby wedding, the college game we were wanting to watch was starting and we didn’t have time to drive home, so we wanted to find a place nearby that had a TV. We drove through Monmouth, a college town, and happened upon this place which had a TV with the game on.

We were a bit overdressed, but no one cared. Everyone was friendly I’ll called a friend to come and meet us.

This place has been open about 2 years according to the very knowledgeable owner who was working that night. I was probably the only one watching the TV, but it didn’t matter. The place was packed by time we left. Groups of all ages huddled together chatting, drinking and eating.

I am a beer snob and this place satisfied me with an explanation of each beer by the owner. My friend had a port. They ended up being out of what was on the menu that he ordered but he was brought another one to taste and was told if he didn’t like it he could try another.

When my other friend arrived she ordered a glass of the house red and she was hungry and ordered an appetizer plate: spiced nuts, cheese, crackers, bread, fruit. We all snacked a bit and enjoyed the plate.

The service was just right. Not overbearing, but checking in as needed. We were brought water without even asking. The owner even chatted with us a bit, but we could tell he needed to get back to the other customers.

Overall, this is a really cool place. At first we were just going to stay for the first half, but we ended up hanging out almost until the end of the game. If I am ever back in the area, I would definitely come back here and hang out.

1  Thank plaidbagel