“Built in 1891 and only exceeded in charm by its owner, Terry”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monmouth
MaMere's Guest House
Ranked #1 of 2 Monmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Lovely ambiance. We stayed in the Starry Night room with private claw foot tub, fresh roses, cool breezes from the dual ceiling fans. Breakfast was a delightful combination of yogurted fruit, poached eggs, homemade cheese grits, juice and coffee. The back yard includes a covered gazebo. All this and only 1 block walk to either a wine bar or a great pizza place. This historic little town is rich in history, quiet and peaceful and just a stones throw from Salem ( the state capital). Thank you for your hospitality and great conversation, Terry.

Room Tip: I am sure they are all wonderful - options include private or shared bath
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NMGIRL78
There are newer reviews for MaMere's Guest House

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I had to come to Monmouth for a conference. I wanted a quiet place that I could stay that was in walking distance from WOU and a few options for dinner (I did not have my own vehicle). This was the perfect place for that. My room (magnolia) was quiet and cozy. There was a stack of magazines waiting for me on my cozy bed.
The inn keeper (Terri) asked me my food preferences and had a lot of great suggestions of where to eat and drink. The location is perfect for taking a walk around campus and grabbing a bite to eat. I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank stephgwebster
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at MaMere's for the first time in May last year, it was absolutely wonderful. It was also my first experience staying at a B&B. Terri, the hostess, was great and made me feel right at home. The food was perfect. The room was a bit small for my liking, but it was clean and that is all that mattered. It has a great location in a quiet neighborhood and is literally right down the street from WOU. I'm planning on staying there again as soon as I can make the trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank petunia f
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We chose this B and B because we saw a Living Social deal for a place to stay while in Oregon. We weren't really picky about what town we stayed in as we just wanted to be in a central area for some winery tours and sightseeing. Long story short - we were lucky ducks (pun intended)! Terri is such a wonderful host. She made us feel so welcome from the moment we arrived. She was informative about the area, giving us plenty of ideas about where to go and what to see. Her breakfasts were so scrumptious, loaded plates of deliciousness, in the New Orleans style. The rooms are beautifully decorated with a funky flair. Can't say enough good things. We feel fortunate to have stumbled on this great find.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Salsad8
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I have stayed at Mamere's multiple times, and each time I leave so much more relaxed than when I came! I love the atmosphere, I love the people, and I love the food! I will never stay anywhere else when I have to stay the night in Monmouth. This is the perfect place for a night away to escape the hassles of life. The house is beautiful on the inside too - the rooms are themed and the common rooms are inviting. I love this place!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank journey1922
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monmouth
College Inn
College Inn
#1 of 1 in Monmouth
The Grand Hotel in Salem
Hampton Inn & Suites Salem
Best Western Dallas Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
Phoenix Inn Suites Salem

Been to MaMere's Guest House? Share your experiences!