“Skydiving watch”

Skydive Oregon Inc
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Molalla
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The largest and only private airport in the NW fully dedicated to skydiving and first jump instruction. Located in Molalla Oregon, since 1988. We skydive from large modern turbine aircraft - groups of 4 to 6 tandem skydivers can be jump from the same plane. You can freefall from 13,000 feet on your very first skydive. Offering first time jumps, continuing student training and licensed skydiver facilities.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fun to go watch the sky divers. You can picnic in the grass and watch them load in the plane, then watch as they come down after jumping. Years ago they gave us the opportunity to go up in the jump plane. My sister got to sit in the co-pilot seat and I got to sit with the jumpers. I had to have a parachute on, they ran me through which cords to pull if something happened and I had to jump. You can also go up tandem with a jumper. We can watch them every sunny day from where we live, they jump all day. Worth watching! It was many years ago, I believe back in the late 80's. But that date wasn't available to pick from when listing the date visited. They have been in business for many years.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I did two tandem jumps at Skydive Oregon two years ago. They were both life-changing experiences for me. I have since gone through training there for my A and B licenses, and am now approaching 200 jumps and my C license. The staff at this facility are extremely professional, caring, and so much fun! Safety always comes first. I feel so incredibly fortunate to have been taught by these wonderful people. Yes, sometimes it gets very, very busy. The price of success. You may have to wait for your tandem jump, but they will tell you this beforehand. I've seen so very many ecstatic tandem students after their jumps, it's been a joy to witness. I've been to other dropzones, and so far, none have compared in quality to this establishment. If you're ready to try this outrageous, awesome experience, you couldn't ask for a better place to do it then Skydive Oregon.

1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I came out for my 40th birthday, thought that number deserved something special. I called and made a reservation, the person I talked to was very nice, explain what I should wear, the amount of time to expected to take. I came out on my birthday, and it took just a little less time than they told me for the entire thing about 3 and half hours. The staff was very clear with what I needed to to do and sign. The instructor that taught our class was funny and very instructional, that really put me at ease. When it was time to jump I met my instructor, really nice guy and he talked to me about what he was doing when putting the gear on. I got video too and I must say if you are going to skydive you need to get the video, it has been a month since my jump and I have watch it countless times. The skydive was amazing, words really do not do justice for how incredible skydiving is. I also have to mention the veiw, WOW it is amazing. I would highly recommend Skydive Oregon to anyone they are extremely professional and I would say everyone should atleast try skydiving once(you will not regret it)

2  Thank Jared252
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The attention to safety was excellent. The actual skydive experience was awesome. But, the lead up to the actual jump and the treating of paying customers as if they were mushrooms was inexcusable. There was a real attitude that the customer had no need to know and were a real bother for asking questions about timing, etc.. I would definitely look for other options in the future.

4  Thank Drkbjk46
See more reviews
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife had a significant birthday and wanted to experience skydiving. It was something that she wanted to do for at least twenty years. We picked Oregon Skydive as it was the closest to our home.

My wife had a good experience with the part time(weekends only) trainer. However the staff treats you like a butch of cattle. It was surprising how busy it was but I believe that the office staff really don't like or appreciate customers. We heard them say that they did not want people inside and one of the staff removed one of the benches so people could not sit down. We arrived at 11:30am and were finished with the 4 minute dive at 2:30pm. In contrast, the trainers seemed safe, friendly, and professional.

We were very disappointed in that we wanted a video of my wife diving from a cameraman diving along side her and ended up getting a hand held view from the trainer that was in tandem with her. In addition, wife wife was told that her pictures would be ready in about ten minutes and after asking about them twice in a half hour, she was told that there were no pictures of her. She would skydive again but not at Oregon Skydive.

3  Thank NWRiver