“Sorry, Nope...”

Pizza Schmizza
Ranked #41 of 76 Restaurants in Milwaukie
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 21, 2015

Standard-issue, slightly thin crust, unremarkable pizza at a surprisingly high price point given the product. I get the feeling Pizza Schmizza is targeted at families with young kids given the overall vibe in their stores. This puts me way outside the target demo :-) So if you've got a bunch of kids to feed, or want to get an assortment of slices, then yeah, this might be a good choice. If you're looking for good pizza with imaginative toppings, sorry, nope.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Staying with relatives in the area and we wanted to buy Pizza for us all one evening. It was a Wednesday and this place has a special for wings on Wednesdays, half off according to the relatives. Thus we let relatives order and we picked up and paid. The place looks like a dump inside. Not sure what the décor represents, the '40's or '50's or what? It didn't feel or for that matter look clean and it is crowded with stuff on the walls and everywhere else you can put stuff un-related to pizza place. Well I paid for the Pizza and Wings and nearly fainted because of the $38+ price tag. We are use to Papa Murphy's really yummy pizza for under $20. Yes, we know we have to cook PM Pizza. If the 2 dozen wings I bought were 1/2 off, the total would have really hurt at regular price.

Food at the relatives: The wings were just okay, nothing special. There were two flavors involved but I have had better wings with or without the flavors. The Pizza is so thin that I thought it was run over by a semi rig. It was a Pineapple and Canadian Bacon that had very little in the way of the toppings on it. If this is their usual presentation of pizza, I am surprised that people come back and that their doors are still open. Flavor was just okay, my wife and I only ate one piece each because it was not that good. Our relatives keep raving about the pizza and we kept our lips sealed and just said it was good, (yes, we lied because we didn't want to hurt their feelings). One day soon we will tell them what we thought about this food. It is not a pizza we will ever order again and I highly doubt we will ever get another pizza from this place, this was our first and last meal at one of these places.

The two clerks were a couple of nice teens doing their jobs in a very, very tight prep area. Warning, when you leave a tip, they do a store cheer.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I love the atmosphere. The food is delicious, not overdone or greasy. Perfect crust, on the thinner side European style (love it that way). Cooked to perfection. Will go back for more.

1  Thank jp a
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Seems like they have slipped a little bit since my last visit six months ago. Pizza is fine if you take it home and cook it a little longer. I think maybe they are so conditioned to making pizza to be sold by the slice and is going to sit under a warmer for a long time, that they undercook on purpose. For pick up, it is hard find parking because it right between Starbucks and a Liquor store. If you are going to eat in, it is fine. It's probably the closest to NY style pizza you are going to find in Milwaukie. Again, it isn't bad food, it is just a little spendy for what you get.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Great service an good prices. The pizza was great to, there are a lot of variety.