“Pizza surprised us”

Good for: Families with children
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Pizza surprised us”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is your typical strip mall pizza parlor with a Gallery of Games with a Pirate motif. Travelling from Redding to Seattle with our 3 grandchildren we stopped in here for a meal. I immediately got the Chuck E Cheese vibe but the eating area is in an area not overrun by kids. The salad bar is nothing over the top but we did find the pizza decent. I can see why this is a birthday haven for the locals. Depends what you are looking for but the kids were able to run around play some games, we were able to eat our meal and then we just put their pizza in a box got back on the road and they ate in the car. Overall a win win.

• Visited April 2014

Milwaukie, Oregon
“Average Pizza Here”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

By far this not the worst pizza I've had but I would rate slightly above average. Iwould recommend Pietro's if you don't want to pay some of the ridiculous prices that some of the other pizza parlors charge. There are several very good pizza parlors in this area.

• Visited November 2013
Milwaukie, Oregon
“Pizza the old fashioned way”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Pietros has been a Milwaukie favorite since the 1960's. The interior has been refreshed from the original 1890's motif but the family atmosphere remains. Great pizza and a good selection of beer, and an ok salad bar provide a more than satisfactory family meal. While you wait for your pizza to come out of the oven kids or grandkids can have fun with games. This is a locally owned business again after going on a corporate franchise roller coaster and you can sense the personal involvement of the owners as soon as you step through the door. Mailer coupons for discounts and free kids meals are regularly promoted so look for them and save a few bucks.

Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Good pizza. Old building.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This was my childhood favorite pizza place. The crust is unique..crispy and airy. The pizza did not disappoint. Unfortunately, the owners have not kept the building updated. It is old and dirty. Will do take out next time.

• Visited September 2013
Bay City, Oregon, United States
“Best Pizza Hands Down!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband grew up in Milwaukie, and has very fond memories of going to Pietro's after Little League games, family outings, etc. It's a real treat for him to eat there and take us with him on a trip down memory lane. It has become a favorite for myself and our kids, as well. We've even held our Christmas Eve family celebration there one year, and got in on another family's ugly Christmas sweater contest! If you like thin crust pizza (and I do!), this is the best! The service is always friendly and the kids love the arcade. The only downside I could possibly come up with is the noise level, and even then it's to be expected since this is a very family friendly place. Just to illustrate how much I love this pizza, while I was going through cancer treatment and my appetite was zero, the only food I craved was Pietro's pizza!

• Visited July 2013