“Busy Busy Busy!”

Good for: Families with children
Tacoma
“Busy Busy Busy!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

On a recent trip to the Portland, OR. area, it was a great pleasure to visit Pietro's Pizza. There are no more Pierrot's in WA state so this was a real treat. Harkening back to my childhood days, the pizza was as good as ever. We went on a Friday night at 6PM and the place was packed. We sat at a long table shared by others. Even though it was VERY busy, our pizza came out quickly and it was delicious. The arcade area was hectic but always fun for the kids. We will definitely return!

• Visited April 2013

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Childhood Memories”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I used to go to Pietro's all the time as a kid, but it has been years since I have been. This last week I read an article about Pietro's and decided it was time for a trip down memory lane and headed over to Milwaukie.

The outside of the place reminds you that not everything needs to be updated. Sure, the exterior is dated, but it fits the place.

Inside, I suddenly realized that I may have made a mistake coming on a weekend. They were open less than an hour, but the place was PACKED. They cater very heavily to birthday parties on the weekend, but they still found a table for my wife and I.

Our service at the counter was friendly, and downright homey. Dave joked with me like I was a long time customer, and even goaded me into an extra topping for my pizza.

We travelled through the packed party hall to our table on the outside edge of the building and waited. When the pizza finally came, it looked just like I had remembered. We had a order a half Bartender (Canadian Bacon, Beef, and fresh Tomatoes) and half Smoked Oyster and Shrimp (I grew up eating it, love it, and know all too well that it is an acquired taste). Our pizza was sauced to the edge, a nice crispy crust on the bottom, perfectly cheesed and generously topped with meats. Our tomatoes were a little on the pink side, but hey, it's the middle of March, and still a long ways from tomato season.

It was exactly as I had remembered it from my childhood, and was a welcome reminder once again that you don't mess with a good thing.

Only downside to the experience was the rude customer sitting in the corner behind my table that was yelling at her family across our table and actually reaching through the window and over my table to hand her husband a cup of game tokens. The look in his eye told me he was embarassed and was used to this boorish behavior.

Good pizza, well made, and lovingly served by a hometown favorite that seems to be happy just to still be in business after all these years of being bought out, sold, bought again, and saved from the trash heap by people that loved their jobs.

Well done Pietro's!

• Visited March 2013
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Great decor, good food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Beautiful building with a lovely atrium style section and alcove that would be good for more personal gatherings except for the screaming kids in the Arcade. Service was fast and the toppings on the Italian pizza (personal size $5) were good quality, but the white sauce was impossibly salty and the crust was delicious but so thin that unless you had it sans toppings it wasn't tastable. Nice salad bar and great price at $1.50 for a soft serve ice cream cone. Would be SO much better if they put doors on the Arcade section to block out the extreme noise and has potential to be a great family dining spot. Great ham on the sub and very fresh tomato slices, but blase sub rolls and little flavor overall makes it not recommended. Lasagna is $8, spaghetti $7.

• Visited February 2013
“It's darned good pizza.”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

A trip to see my husband's family in Milwaukie isn't complete without a pan-style gold coast pizza from Pietro's. he's been coming here since he was a little boy and it hasn't changed much in 38 years! It's just great pizza: simple as that.

warenton oregon
“old style pizza place”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was lured in by the thought of a thin crispy crust. it was great/ great place to take kids,.i waited for it to go, the ordering went fine with a smiling face. Waited ablut 15 minutes for a large pizza. i think they should restore the building some- it has character.

• Visited July 2012