“Worst Service Anywhere”

Add it.
Milwaukie Kitchen and Wine
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 31, 2013

A bit past 11 AM on a recent Sunday, I ordered soup and half-sandwich from the chalkboard of specials that can be found inside the door with orders placed at the front counter. Patrons wait at tables in the back; meals are delivered when ready. My mom and sister opted to share an order of Northwest Eggs Benedict, which was delivered in reasonable time. The egg dish was described as being served on a croissant, not crusty toast. The substitution was unsatisfactory to Mom. After watching many orders placed later than mine going out, I was assured my order would arrive shortly. More than 15 minutes later, I decided to go back to the counter and cancel my order. Mom seized the opportunity to complain about the eggs bennedict. We were given a full refund, including the tip that had been paid in advance. Perhaps service will improve. My sister said she will try Milwaukie Kitchen and Wine once more, since she enjoyed her previous experience there.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

By arriving early, you can choose a table where discussing business can be done with relative peace. The roast beef sandwich lunch never disappoints. I have lunched here several times and found the staff to be very helpful and friendly, the food very good, and the setting perfect for my needs. My dinner experiences have been equally pleasing. Visit Milwaukie and give the Kitchen a try.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We went here for lunch with 5 ladies. The menu was sparse and several things on the menu were "Sold Out" even when we arrived at 11:30 AM. 3 of us had the avocado bacon sandwich on Country bread. We were shocked when it was served at our table literally dripping with some kind of butter or oil from the bread that had been grilled into the sandwich. We didn't complain though as not to be rude . While visiting we started to notice the whole eating area filling up with greasy smoke. You could see the smoke drift out the door when people walked inside. It appeared to be an inadequate ventilation system and the bacon grease was smoking up the whole place. After leaving the Deli I could smell the grease all over my clothes and in my hair. And I felt sick from eating the greasy sandwich. Another lady in our group had the hummus sandwich and it had no grilled grease and was a much healthier choice if ou could live with the greasy air. I would not recommend this Deli unless they made the menu more clear and fixed their ventilation.

1  Thank ReneeDR