“Not Nice”

Econo Lodge Southeast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Milwaukie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here on a saturday night, the worest customer service I have ever had. The front desk man was very very rude. I stay in motels 6 times a month and have never been treated so poorly. We reserved a smoking room (thats all thye had). When I arrived I simply asked if he had any no smoking rooms avalible . He was very rude, i actually told him to be "nice" I was just asking if it was possible. The room was very outdated there are no hair dryers and the room was pretty bad over all. I will never stay at another econolodge again because of this experience. I is worth a feew extra dollars to stay at a holiday inn or marriott. I just want people to be warned before they get a room here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Beebop5
GMOR031, General Manager at Econo Lodge Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Beebop5

I want to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Please accept my sincere apology. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured the issues you've raised and have been addressed with our front desk staff. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. We are a award winning property and highly recommened on several different sites. On your next visit to this area, I hope you'll consider staying with us again.

Kash Patel

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Thank you Econo Lodge Milwaukie/Oregon City for a great stay. Your staff is welcoming and your manager Kash went out of his way to make us feel at home. Your hotel is well-kept in all ways and is a perfect 10 in my book! The hotel is not large and is very simple but the large clean rooms & price point make this hotel a sure winner. Great stay! Mike Harris (Kansas City MO) Bob's Red Mill is only 3 miles and is a must when visiting the area!

Room Tip: Hales next door for a great hot breakfast!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank mike H
Reviewed July 7, 2012

OK, this is just an Econo Lodge. The breakfast is small, but nice facility. But oh, my, the rooms are so sparkly clean, the owner is also the clerk and a busy man; he sells the detergent for the washing machine. When I went to find him he was doing the ironing! Oh, right, did I mention that there is a washer and dryer on premises?? For guests. It does take quarters but owner has change ready.
And the rooms are like suites, bedroom and "living room".. refrigerator and sink and microwave.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back [higher numbers] the outside doors are in shadow due to the construction of th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank 153Barbara153
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed here because I had free night with Choice points. This seems to be the lowest level of their chain of hotels. The location is not the best. On an unappealing retail strip with lots of car dealers, etc. However it is well away from the freeway, so no traffic noise. The room had a spacious front kitchenette area but other than that it was very basic. The bathroom smelled a little off I believe due to some caulking that looked mildewed. The shower was great though. Breakfast was meager - definitely continental only. Front desk staff was fine. For a short stay this would work, but I think there are better options in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Christina M
A TripAdvisor Member
Elkton, Oregon, USA
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Great rooms, Great rate! Close to food and shopping. We have had to come up to Portland at least once a week for business and several times i book with cheap rooms .com the same day. And we always seem to check in late as well. The front desk is always waiting for us and has our information all done. Check in takes maybe 5 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Just started staying here at the Econo Lodge Southeast, and have found this hotel to be affordable with always a good nights sleep. I usually stay in Clackamas but never get a good nights sleep with all the freeway noise. This hotel is a hidden gem! Only 2 miles from Clackamas & a short drive to Downtown Portland Oregon, it's my hotel of choice from now on in Portland Oregon. The rooms are extra large and the staff is always very friendly. My company always books for me in advance and gets a special rate on their website, almost 20 percent off! Now that's a good deal I would say. Overall it's a great budget hotel for a smart traveler...

Room Tip: Use their website www.choicehotels.com/hotel/or031 and rate code LADV (Advance Purchase) Most of the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
10  Thank David R
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed here several times. The last time we did they did not have the room we had reserved by phone and we had to take more expensive room or find somewhere else to stay after a long trip. To avoid a recurrence we pre booked online the next planned visit and our vehicle lost the transmission on the way. We called the hotel and told them we would be unable to make it and they insisted on keeping the payment for two nights. At a time when the vehicle expenses were already a heavy burden, their unwillingness to not charge my debit card was immoral, greedy and mean. Completely uncool!

Room Tip: do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tony H
GMOR031, General Manager at Econo Lodge Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you for your review, I'm very sorry to hear of your inconvenience with your reservation at our hotel. Due to your type of booking, which was done through a third party site, the rules and policies are out of the control of the hotel. I suggest you make a booking with our hotel directly or on our own hotel website to avoid these problems in the future. If you are ever in the area again, please ask for me personally and I would be happy to make sure that your stay will be memorable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukie
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area

Been to Econo Lodge Southeast? Share your experiences!