“Had help when we needed it” 4 of 5 bubbles

Morgan Inn
and 1 more site!
Morgan Inn
Burbank, Washington
“Had help when we needed it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed the night at Morgan Inn. Had car trouble but received lots of help from our hostess, including the name of a local mechanic, a taxi, yummy breakfast and very good conversation! It was nice to have help when we needed it. THANK YOU!!

The Watsons
Burbank

Room Tip: Stop at Morgan Inn in Milton-Freewater, OR!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
blue springs, ms
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

first off room was ok, beds hard, shower no pressure.. for those looking for that. was clean, and had basics for price. This is what happen to us mom, and 3 kids. We took kids to park, they went hiking up the mountain, as we have none in Mississippi. One fall and slide down hill.. When we got in she went right to shower, on the floor was a towel for shower which she stepped on while taking her clothes off... Then she had a bloody nose, grabbed a towel to stop it with. I thought nothing of this.. Next day we decided to stay 3 days, as I paid for 2, and told them to run same card for 3rd night.. was visiting family eating our dinner when I got a call from said manager. She has locked our room, and we had 10 minutes to get there to pay bill or we were going to be locked out for night, as she was going home at 8:pm.. was told closing hours 10 on weekdays, 11 on fri-sat. This was Monday 7:50.. I thought really pulled up my bank account was no mistake on bank, money was there. I get to office she is very rude, and the manager.. I asked her if she had a problem with me, she replies " following rules when people don't pay their bill." I was thinking took til 8 for her to see that, now I take out my account on phone give her my bank card (same card as before) it goes right thru imagine that. She wanted to go home, and needed me to sign the receipt because it's a debit card. still very rude, no sorry no nothing, just unlocked our door. I forgot one other part, she said she had a issue she needed to discuse with me. She asked me to be more careful with her white towels, there was a foot print on one, and two stains on two others, she was able to get stains out so there was no problem, but don't do it again she said. I told her what had happened, she was still rude, and said that she had a small business and couldn't afford to buy new towels. I promise she said that, I said I didn't figure it a problem as they are white, and you bleach them anyway, right? It's a motel, didn't seem to me to be a problem. Not like we dropped hem in a mud puddle, or soaked up blood on it. Just a small nose bleed, and we rinsed them out. I just thought for 65.00 a night for 3 nights, she could bleach a towel. I do at home, they really should being used by other people all the time. I was scare to take bath after that, or how about the sheets and blankets? No bleach means nasty germs to me. I would use the other motel in this small town, or go to Walla Walla.. If not, bring linens!

Room Tip: just don't ask manager for anything, and watch how you use there towels. They don't bleach...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank cindyjm1966
Randy G, Owner at Morgan Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
As a member of the Hospitality Industry we strive to provide every guest with a quality experience. We encourage every guest who may have suggestions on how we can improve our service, to speak with us, so we can continue to improve their experience. Every suggestion is taken seriously and changes are made to correct any issue which may arise.

Travelers are raving about these Milton Freewater hotels

Graham, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I recently had a 4 night stay at the Morgan Inn & Suites. It began with a warm welcome and went on to include stellar services, personal attention to my needs, advice on how to find some place to secure a storage unit to a place to donate my elderly mother's things, to even helping me put on a bracelet and, finally, to sending my pillow back to me when I left it there....!! Honestly, it was as good as it gets!! (And the continental breakfast was fresh and filling, thank you all!) When I return to Milton Freewater and need a place to lay my head, you can be sure I'll be returning to this great little Inn.

I

Room Tip: I stayed in the new building and would recommend it. If you're a light sleeper, I'd request...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pamela Hofer C
Boise, ID
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

From the minute we got to the hotel to the minute we left, we were treated extremely well and the manager went above and beyond in every area, the main complaint in my mind is that the locks were old school so there was one key given per room...the nicer rooms were well priced and well furnished...table and chairs, small fridge and microwave...did I mention the manager was incredibly accommodating?

• Stayed December 2012
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at Morgan inn in June and loved the experience.....the room was clean and the service was outstanding....we have stayed there in the past and will definitely stay on our next trip....the front desk girls were such a delight....we had a great time with them......

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!

I just had the worst possible experience that I have ever had with any hotel. If I could give this hotel less than 1 star I would. My wife arrived with my two children to an extremely dirty, room in a decrepit hotel. The room was filthy, the screens on the window in the bathroom was covered with dirt and there was so much ice in the refrigerator that the door wouldn't even close.

Without any options that evening, we checked out the next morning and the hotel refused to refund our pre-payment for the remaining night that we did not use.

The hotel manager was rude and, believe it or not, hung up on me twice when she did not like what I was saying. She only tried to relay MY obligations to them rather than providing any decent type of customer service.

We went to another hotel the next morning. Do yourself a favor and spend an extra $20 or so and stay at the Best Western in Walla Walla where the experience was just the opposite.

Room Tip: Stay at the Best Western in Walla Walla for a completely enjoyable experience and great customer ser...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank RVAddict
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

The hotel/motel is located on Highway 11, about 10 miles south of Walla Walla, Washington. The rooms are very dated and not sound insulated. Fortunately between my earplugs and the A/C, the car/truck noise was modest. Needs new beds. Sink area needs a thorough cleaning. Staff was pleasant. Overpriced. No other motel/hotel choice in Milton Freewater. Look for a B&B or stay in Walla Walla. Has a continental breakfast. It is OK.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites Walla Walla
Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Walla Walla Suites Inn
Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla

Been to Morgan Inn? Share your experiences!