“Rogue River Wild and Scenic Three Day”

Morrisons Rogue Wilderness Adventures
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Merlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For over 40 years Morrisons Rogue Wilderness Adventures has been the leading guide service on the Rogue River in the Southern Oregon region. Single day adventures are available. Hiking, fishing and rafting are all part of our menu of products. Please check out our website for a full listing of our trips. With wonderful food, professional guides and the best in customer service we do everything we can to make this a wonderful experience for you. Morrisons Rogue River Lodge is our parent company and we invite you to join us for the best in Northwest hospitality with fantastic meals, comfortable cozy cabins and wonderful access to the Rogue River.
Davis, California
“Rogue River Wild and Scenic Three Day”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I had not heard of Rogue Wilderness when we decided to raft in Oregon. I chose them because after doing the research, I found that they had the best reviews. Wow, were those reviews correct! Not only is it a beautiful area and a fun adventure for the family, but the guides are AMAZING! The owner, Brad, met the families the first day. He drove us to the starting point and gave us all instructions and then he left us in the hands of 4 guides. These guides are knowledgeable, trustworthy and extremely fun. Bridgette was our guide and she was a tireless source of energy, guiding us through all the rapids. She knew about every rock and eddy. She was kind and supportive to the young children trying out the kayaks for the first time. Billy and Jimmy were equally as great (they were not our guides but in our group). Billy is also a talented musician and brought out his guitar at night for singalongs. Matt was the guide that would leave early in the morning with all of our gear and find us the best camp sites for us to spend the evening. All 4 guides cooked our meals and made sure we were well fed. Overall, this trip exceeded our expectations. The only area that I could complain about is the food. It was way too delicious and way too much. Every meal was unique and tasty. There was always enough for seconds, thirds or fourths. I think I gained weight on this trip! So, yes, they could feed us less :)
We will do this again next year!

Visited August 2012
Erin K, Owner at Morrisons Rogue Wilderness Adventures, responded to this review, November 22, 2016
Thank you for rafting with us.

Edmonds, Washington
“Great Trip -- First class!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I've been on alot of raft trips, so I was a bit skeptical when my wife booked this one. However, one look at their equipment during fit up told me this was a first class organization. From the one-liners on the shuttle ride to the pull-out we had a great experience. We did the half-day trip with three adults and 4 childen (all 8 or 9). The kids (and adults) loved it all. We all got a turn in the "duckie" kayaks, with the kids getting to shoot some rapids in them -- big confidence builder. This was a perfect family trip and we will definetely do it again. Already thinking about an overnighter. One minor quibble. The tale about the cliff jump from Butch Cassidy turns out to be just that -- a tale.

Visited August 2012
bradniva, Owner at Morrisons Rogue Wilderness Adventures, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Rick, thank you for taking the time to review our company and our trips. We really appreciate the honest feedback from our guests. I have to admit the "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" jump was told to me from an ol' timer who has lived on the river for years. I will check my facts before I share that information with other.

I was told the shot with the people falling is in Hellgate Canyon. Once they hit the water that is not the Rogue River.

Brad Niva- owner
Portland, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rogue midweek getaway”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I took some friends to Merlin for a surprise PM rafting trip. It was a blast for them and their varied river histories from the veteran 70 year old river guide now recovering from a liver transplant to 82 year old guy riding through the waves with both hands high in the air like a kid in the first seat on a roller coaster to the shrieking 67 year old birthday girl. It was fun for me too as the 50 year old youngster on the trip when they talked me into the inflatable kayak at the start. I loved it and stayed with it for the whole day! Great guides even thought they looked to be all of about 18 years of age, but they had river smarts. We plan to do it again next month with more friends.

Betray Shand
Portland, OR

Visited August 2012
Thank you Betsy for rafting with us.
San Diego, California
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

There were 14 friends and family on the 4 day trip (2 nights camping with the last night at Paradise Lodge). Brad (the owner) was so well organized and got us on to the river without any hassles.
The food the guides prepared was delicious and they even did a birthday cake in a dutch oven for our son's birthday. It was a beautiful trip with no access to cell phones which just enhances the feeling of getting away from it all.
One of our favorite trips!

Visited August 2012
Thank you for rafting with us.
Dallas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Good trip; great day”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Overall it was a very good day (after a starting snafu of the guides forgetting the paddles and returning to base). I would have liked more class 2s and 3s but overall a very good trip, great scenery, good wildlife, lots of fun; it finally put a smile on her face.

Visited August 2012
Hello and thank you for your review of our rafting company. I read your review and was sad to hear we had a "snafu" and forgot paddles for a rafting trip. I'm sorry that happened. I believe you were on a Monday trip and unfortunately that is our busiest day of the week. Sometimes our management team is spread thin and we do miss something as simple as paddles. Thank you so much for rafting with us and I hope you'll come back and visit us again.

All The Best,