“Fun filled, exciting and memorable trip!”

Orange Torpedo Rafting Trips
and up
Nugget Falls class IV Half-Day Rafting on The Rogue River
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Merlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Orange Torpedo Trips is the most experienced rafting and inflatable kayaking outfitter on the Rogue River. We offer unique inflatable kayaking trips and rafting trips ranging from 4 hours to 14 days on a variety of rivers including the Rogue River, Salmon River, Klamath River, and North Umpqua River. We have the perfect trip for everyone from age 4 years and up!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was our first rafting trip and we decided to choose half day nugget falls trip. The staff was very friendly and our guide Brian was super fun. He gave us all the basic tips and explained the rules before the trip. He made sure we enjoyed the rapids and made us experience the thrill by going against the tide couple of times. It was thrilling and we had a great time! We had a nice home made snacks arranged by Brian at the river side giving us time to enjoy the scenic views. It was an excellent trip and we would love to come back again for more of these! Thanks Orange Torpedo and Brian for this wonderful experience!

eweiseth, General Manager at Orange Torpedo Rafting Trips, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

I'm so glad you chose your first river trip with us. It's truly an honor to introduce someone to what we love so dearly. Glad to hear you had a good time and hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Family with teens who have 10+ white water experiences and this was very well done. Safe, lots of fun for all. Due to summer river conditions, we did the inflatable "orange torpedo" kayaks and it made the trip.

1  Thank ssmhawaii

Thanks for the kind words.

Great to hear you tried the inflatable kayaks. We really believe they are THE way to go down the river. That's why we were the first in the world to do them. Hopefully we get to see you again, perhaps on a bit longer trip, maybe a couple days on the Klamath or Salmon river next time?

Have a great rest of your summer!

Best Regards,
Erik Weiseth and the rest of the OTT family.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great fun , very organised , good value for money . We would love to do the trip again , next time we will choose the harder one . Thanks for this great experience in the Grants Pass region .

Thanks so much for the kind words.
If you want something a little harder, next time checkout the North Umpqua River. Arguably the best single day of rafting in the state of Oregon. Lots of great rapids, beautiful scenery, really the works.

We hope to see you again soon. Have a great rest of your summer.

Best regards,
Erik and the OTT family.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I just had a great trip on the Rogue river. I was super impressed with how safety conscious the guides were. There was a guide with each group of 4 people. The guides led the way through the rapids and then waited for and watched for their team as they passed through the rough spots. If someone flipped over the guide was there immediately to help them out.

Mike led the tour and it was clear that he was always watching out for our safety. The Rogue river was beautiful. The lodges were comfortable and well located. The food was excellent and the guides help pull the group into a great team.

Stanley,
Great to hear how much you enjoyed your trip. We have always believed that having guides in the inflatable kayaks makes all the difference. Having someone to teach you, lead you through the rapids, and then pick you up if you do dump. It's nice knowing someone is there for you.

Thanks again and hopefully we will see you again soon.....Perhaps the Main Salmon next time?

Best,
Erik Weiseth and OTT

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I took 2 day rafting + camping trip in North Umpqua River between dates of June 20-21. I loved it. My tour guides Jeffery and Tim were so good.

I have to specially give thanks to Jeffery. This was my first outdoor trip. I have never done rafting and camping in my life. Jeffery was really a great help. Rest of the team members decided to go for paddle rafting and hence I had to be alone in boat with Jeffery in the first day. Jeffery was such a wonderful guide. Jeffery was also very helpful in setting up my camp and teaching me the fundamental of white water rafting and camping.

Also I need to mention Aaron Lieberman who did my booking. He was so understanding and never tried to rush me. Also before I started my trip he provided all the information to Jeffery and Tim to make sure that I am well taken care of.

I can eat only seafood and vegetarian items. They made sure that they accommodated it.

Best part of the trip was in the second day when they gave us chance to ride their orange torpedo which is an inflatable kayak with carrying capacity of 1 person. Tim was really wonderful coach and really get us all ready and pumped up for this adventure.

If you are a first timer like me then you can not ask for a better company than orange Torpedo. They are the best!

I can't tell you how honored we are to be a part of your first outdoor adventure. Helping you learn to camp and go on the river. We love to share our beautiful area and more importantly how great exploring a river can be, so thanks for letting us share with you. Hopefully we will see you next time on the Salmon River for a little longer and more in depth wilderness experience.

If you do go on the Salmon, ask for Aaron as a guide. I'm sure he would love to get out of the office and join you on a river trip. Besides being great at helping set up trips, he's an even better river guide!

Best Regards,
Erik and the OTT family.

Been to Orange Torpedo Rafting Trips? Share your experiences!