“Nice place to stop/rest on Hwy 5”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed July 15, 2007

The room was very clean and quiet. The motel is conveniently located near the freeway, a grocery store, and restaurants.
The staff was very friendly, giving me a better rate than my reservation on the spot with my AAA card.
What other reviewers have written is also true, there is no elevator to the 2nd floor, so you should ask for the first floor in you reservation if this is a concern for you. Also true is the smell, like freshener smell, which i guess is used everywhere, in every hotel. It didn't bother us.
The breakfast is nice, with the usual plus freshly cooked waffles, yogurts, fruits, ... we enjoyed it.

• Stayed: July 2007

Reviewed July 1, 2007

I recently reserved a room for one night to be close to the Medford airport for an early morning flight. When I arrived the assigned room definitely had an odd smell something like a strong air freshener to mask an odor. I asked for another room and the second had the same odor. I then cancelled my room reservation and moved to the Hampton across the street that was newer, much nicer, larger room, more comfortable bed and no odor. A few days earlier I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard at the Medford airport. It, too, was much nicer and more comfortable. The staff at the Windmill was the one bright spot and was helpful in the cancellation. In summary though the few extra dollars for the Hampton or the Marriott Courtyard are definitely worth it.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DLM50
Reviewed June 10, 2007

My husband and I have spent 8 nights in the Windmill Inn since mid October 2006. Moderately priced, the rooms are spacious, nicely decorated & well appointed with frig, microwave & high speed internet connection. (For those not traveling with a computer, there is one in the lobby .) Our rooms have been spotlessly clean each of the four stays. Breakfast room, pool and spa areas are also very clean. The continental breakfast is well presented and has great variety. Upon request, coffee and pastries & a newspaper will be brought to your room each morning. This facility and its friendly staff have been consistently excellent. Add to that a truly "pet friendly" policy that works well for all guests and you have a great value when in Medford.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2007

Windmill Inn in Medford is fabulous! Huge, well-appointed rooms--refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker. Wireless internet works flawlessly in the room.
You are welcomed with home baked cookies--mine were macadamia nut or m & m and a newspaper. After check-in, I received a call asking if everything was satisfactory.
In the am you can have OJ, coffee, muffin and paper delivered to your room and/or go to their continental breakfast which has good array--cereals, baked goods, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, make your own Belgian waffles, juice, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, milk.
They have a nice swimming pool and spa.
The Medford inn is located near several restaurants and a couple of shopping malls.
It is a great place to stay.
I'm also acquainted with the Windmill Inn in Roseburg Oregon and found it to be equally terrific.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2007

We have traveled through Oregon several times and often choose to stop at the Medford Windmill Inn. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Coffee / Tea / Hot Chocolate is available all the time and the stay includes a continental breakfast.

Our latest visit a car alarm started to go off at about 2:00 in the morning and continued for HOURS on end. We called down to the night reception and they said they were looking into it. By about 4:00 we phoned again and were told that they couldn't do anything about it because the car was outside of their lot (at the hotel next door). By 5:30 we gave up and decided to get up for the day.

We got ready and grabbed some breakfast. I went to the front desk and politely explained that we had gotten very little sleep and were disappointed that they had not done more to resolve the issue. The lady at reception shrugged off the feedback and simply said that if I wasn't happy I needed to call the Windmill Inns Customer Service line. As long time customers I find this to be a disappointing attitude. I understand that this was not something directly on their property, but I would have liked to see more action taken on something that was affecting the environment of their guests. At 6:30 we drove off and the alarm was still going.

I still think fondly of the Medford Windmill Inn from past visits, but because of this recent incident we probably won't choose to return.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BCExplorer
Reviewed August 20, 2006

Everything about the Windmill Inn is customer oriented. Imagine my delight when the rollaway I ordered was not only free, but folded up inside it were a complete set of towels, shampoo and soap, and even another water glass (which was actually glass, a detail that sits well with me). Our spacious room contained very comfy beds that were made with real fitted sheets. I borrowed a book from the lending library, and the next morning we all enjoyed making our own waffles in their lovely breakfast room. We can't wait to stay here again! (One note: the pool is small, but the pool area is very large.)

4  Thank svacuna
Reviewed July 6, 2006

We found the Windmill to be an excellent value. The hotel was very clean, is in a great location (near I-5, a number of stores and restaurants) and quiet. The bed was very comfortable, and the room had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. There is a PC in the lobby for guests to use. The breakfast was as good or better than many of the places we have stayed (Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc.) with lots of choices and served till 10 a.m. on weekends and 9 a.m. on weekdays. This is a 2 story property with no elevator, so if this is a problem for you, ask for a first floor room. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2006