“Would stay again.”

Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Sacramento, California
“Would stay again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

Everyone's opinion is based on their experience. That being said, we are always apprehensive about staying someplace unfamiliar. We made a last minute trip to Medford from Sacramento to purchase a puppy. Having done the same trip in December in one day we decided to stay overnight this time. We booked our room earlier in the day online. The staff was very helpful even though our reservation wasn't showing up on the hotels reservation system. We arrived at 11:30pm and checked in without incident. The room was clean, with bathroom looking like it had been redone in the last few years. Comfy bed, quite (it was midnight when we got to our room). This hotel allows pets so we were awakended by a barking dog at 6am, likely wanting to go out. Would have been nice if the hotel had grouped people with pets together or given those without pets the option. If I stay agai nI will ask if there is a room that is in a building with the fewest pets.

Continental breakfast included cook it yourself waffles and sausage in additon to the usual free breakfast fare. (Ceral, muffins, pre-packaged pastries, yougurt and fruit.)

All in all I am pleased with our short stay (8 hours).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Nice Hotel at an affordable price. Breakfast was plentiful with sausage, make your own waffles and plenty of cereal and breads/bagels etc... to choose from. Sweet lady greeted us at customer service and great pool, it's HUGE, my kids loved it. Right next to a big grocery store so you can run to the store and get something fast. Will stay here again on my way back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Wireless connectivity was fantastic. Not sure what everyone was talking about but the Hotel seems like it was remodeled recently. The bathrooms looked great with granite walls and granite sink counter. Plenty of pillows on the bed. Cable had HBO!!!! And the staff was friendly. The pool was humongous and had heated water, the only thing was that you'd have to get the pool towels from front desk. But the room service was fantastic, I told the cleaning ladies to service my room first as I needed to come back in quick, they left what they were doing and cleaned up the room right then and there. Amazing service at an excellent price!!! Be sure to check out the breakfast on your way out!!!

FANTASTIC, MUST RECOMMEND!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

All in all, this hotel is average, and a bargain, I suppose - although I came very late and got a deal. However, the worst part about this hotel was the uncomfortable bed. I was dead tired and it took me an hour to fall asleep on this rock of a mattress with itchy covers, lumpy pillows and no comforter. I haven't had this hard of a time falling asleep in years.

Also, don't be fooled by the lobby of the hotel. The rooms look nothing like it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

We arrived there late and there were no towels or bathroom soap or shampoo in the room. The room smelled and was hot...the AC was not on when we got there. I was told they were busy so that's why they could have missed it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Medford hotels

Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

We stayed here with our entire Softball team. The staff was very helpful and friendly to all of the girls while we were there and even afterwards on some followup emails. The rooms were a great value for the price. The location was very convienent to get to the softball fields and plenty of places to eat. The breakfast was good with plenty of room and food for everyone to get in and out first thing in the morning. I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2010
Gustine, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

After painstakingly reading review after review of hotel after hotel I decided to go with the Ramada based on the price and reviews. There were a few negative reviews but more good than bad. I SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH THE BAD REVIEWS!! Since staying there I have seen more negative reviews posted. This hotel is old, dated, dirty and smelly. Upon our arrival we found this hotel in the parking lot of Food For Less. After checking in we walked into our room only to find an old dirty badly stained bedspread on the bed. I called the front desk to which they moved us to a new room. The new room's bedspread was less stained but very worn. The hallways to the rooms smell and there is no locks on the outer doors so anyone can enter the hallways at anytime. Our bathroom looked clean but smelled badly of BO. The bathroom was tiny and the door barely closed past the toilet. We decided to go for a swim in the indoor swimming pool. It is dated but okay. There is a kiddie pool but no jacuzzi. After our swim we went back to the room to shower. We had taken the only two towels in our room for the swim(there are no towels at the pool) so when we got back to the room I called for more towels. I was told the other girl was on break so I'd have to come get them myself or wait for a half hour. So I drove around to the front, waited for someone to check in(by the way there was now two girls behind the front desk...so much for her being on break) and then ask for towels. She said she didn't have enough bath towels and would have to give me some pool towels(which are smaller and older). Ummm..where were the pool towels before?? The property is rundown and old. There are old bathtubs lining the walls in the patio area that you can see from your rooms. Saving them for backups? Also, some of their employees live full time at the hotel and you can see their balconies like you are at an apt. building. When we were checking out the front desk said, " I see you had a pet." I told her we didn't and she questioned us like we were lying. Really?? We couldn't get out of this dated dirty smelly hellhole fast enough. If you don't have high standards you may like this place. But if these are the kind of standards you have you might as well pay less and go to a Motel 6. We were supposed to stay here again for one night on our way back through Medford but canceled and made reservations at Homewood Suites by Hilton. Stay there!!! A little pricier then the Ramada but worth every single penny!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple