“Cheap & Charming Old World Motel.”

Ramada Medford Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Cheap & Charming Old World Motel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2009

Stayed in the Ramada Medford in September 2008 on a roadtrip around USA & Canada. Had already checked the reviews out on tripadvisor so knew it was ok before arrival. Arrived in the evening after a long drive & checked-in without any problems. Walking into the place i felt like i had gone back in time but this is ok for me as long as the place is clean enough. The room itself was ok, it was definitely nothing special but it was comfortable. In the hallway (which was very very long) it was clear that work was going on at the time as there were holes in the ceilings & walls etc. The place maybe finished by now, i don't know. I have read that the pool is good but i didn't bother to check it out. After dropping our bags we went out to the local taco bell & brought the food back to the room. Although this motel is certainly not one of the best i have stayed in i did like it. It has a cartain charm. I am sure this place will still be going in another 50 years from now, albeit under a different name! The breakfast the next morning was very good even though the room it was being served in had no windows i seem to remember. Not sure if we had a coupon but i paid around $65 plus tax & i cannot complain for this price. Give it a try.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

Me and my two grandsons (ages 10 & 6) went to visit my son, his wife, and new baby boy. Rather than driving home in the dark, we stayed overnight at the Medford Ramada. It was pretty empty on Sunday night, so we had the kiddy pool entirely to ourselves for a couple of hours. The desk attendant, seeing the children, suggested a first floor room next to the pool. Hotel is also within walking distance of a Dairy Queen and 24-hour food center. We left early Monday morning after a filling, complimentary breakfast. Grandsons want to go back again; I'll need to find an excuse to make it happen.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

My husband and I usually stay at this hotel on our way to California bay area from Seattle area because it is clean, good value, and convenient. My husband likes the breakfast and I like the refrigerator andf microwave in the room. I also feel safe when I am traveling alone. It is also very quiet. I did not hear the other guests in their rooms and I was confident no one could hear my infant grandson cry (or scream) at times. We will continue to go there when we visit family.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Henderson, NV
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

Er, for $20.00 extra, that is. The building is huge, possibly a remodeled something else, and the "pet friendly" rooms were way in the back of the complex. Small grassy area. Our Maltese was stung by a wasp.

Staff was not well trained and the person who checked us in was close to being rude.

Room was "ok", adequate. They did have a nice, strong WiFi line. The "free" breakfast should not be considered as a factor in your stay.
Ice machine was out of service our entire visit.

Hotels do take advantage of people who must travel w/ pets. This was the deciding factor in choosing this motel. W/O the dog, I would definitely not have chosen this place.

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank shubeteach

Travelers are raving about these Medford hotels

San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

Hadn't been to Medford in a long time and I was worried the whole town might be run down. Well, I was surprised to see all the new development.

I was only in town for a couple days and chose to stay at the Ramada based on good reviews. The outside of the motel isn't much to look at but the inside was updated and looked great. The lobby and rooms had been recently renovated with nice bathrooms. Plenty of space in the room! I was really surprised at the free breakfast. Most places just throw out a couple slices of bread and OJ and call it a "Continental Breakfast." Not this place. They had all that plus coffee, bagels, donuts, cereals and even waffles! The place was packed both mornings we were there.

The only downside was some kids loitering around the building one night but they didn't cause any problems.

All in all a nice motel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

I liked the fact that they are continuing to upgrade this older facility, and still have
reasonable summer rates! The inside pool is huge and a large Food 4 less and
Fred Meyer are within easy walking distance of this facility. While some might have
a desire for a fancier place, I found the staff friendly and would not hesitiate to stay
there again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Eureka CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

The price was very reasonable, but no ammenities were sacrificed. The accommodations were above average. Special touches like extra pillows made us feel very pampered. The room was very clean. The staff was very friendly and efficient. It was the best place I've stayed in a long time.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family