“Good value.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Brookings, Oregon
“Good value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Queen suite was spacious & comfortable. Linens were clean & plentiful. Staff was friendly & courteous. Adjacent restaurant was nice. Park & ride option to the airport is a good option to typical airport parking.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Inverurie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel at a good location, with friendly and efficient front desk staff. Notably reasonable price for a well-equipped, comfortable mini suite - with microwave, fridge and kitchen sink.

But the heavily promoted wi-fi is slow and suffers drop-outs, making it very frustrating to try to work from your room.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kailua-Kona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I liked the basement rooms. Pretty quiet down there. I guess you could ask for an upper floor if you want one. Very clean hotel. It is family owned and the people were very pleasant and helpful.
It's also close to a Fred Meyer Superstore and a Costco.
Breakfast is not included, but they give you a $4.99 coupon. There's no sales tax in Oregon, so its $4.99 plus a tip. Had a wide choice of six entrees and came with a drink.
I didn't use the spa or massage so I can't comment on that.

Room Tip: Get a basement room. All these rooms start with a "1" like 126, 128 etc.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

There are many things to like about the Rogue Regency Inn, conveniently located right off the north I-5 exit. It is right across the street from Fred Meyers, and the Rogue Valley Mall is right up the road. It is about the most upscale motel in Medford, or at least was when it was built. The expansive, two story lobby includes a teensy-tiny gift shop (go to the mall), and a beauty shop (what is the proper name for those now- a styling salon??…) with a very nice lady who will take care of any on-the-road hair emergencies. The Regency Grill is also on the premises, and one of the negatives about this property is that it does not provide a complimentary breakfast, which can cause us to turn down a property in favor of one that does. Instead, the Regencys’ offering is a $5 breakfast with choices from a menu especially for the motel guests.
The fairly large rooms are tastefully decorated, classy, with subdued tones, and 2 sink areas, which is convenient. The suites are beautiful, almost like an apartment with the full kitchens, but the regular rooms are very nice as well. There were three wonderful ladies who helped make our stay extra nice. Maria, Gilda, and April are housekeepers who not only were great at turning out beautifully clean rooms for their guests, but also made us feel so welcomed with their friendliness and desire to do whatever they could to improve our stay. It really is the people who can make or break a business, and these sweet, hard working ladies are an asset to the Regency.
My biggest disappointment regarding this property was the pool. A good pool is as important to me as the rooms themselves, and although the Regency has a very nice pool house, with a work out room, a Jacuzzi and a small outdoor sunbathing area, which I did make use of, the pool itself is kept quite cold. Apparently, according to a staff member, this is a common complaint. They told me that if they turn up the heat, moisture accumulates on the windows. I have been to many motels that kept their pools wonderfully warm, and somehow managed the moisture issue- seems this place could, too, if they wanted to. A family with a small child tried to go swimming, but weren’t able because the water was just too cold for their child to want to play in. So- note to any managers who might check these reviews- many business travelers work out in the pool; many families want to make use of this amenity while on vacation- it would be good business smarts to make it usable! Because of the uncomfortable pool, and the lack of a complimentary breakfast, I gave the Rogue Regency only a 3 dot rating, although the attractive, clean rooms, and especially the staff, are definite positives.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Eugene
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I frequently travel to the S. Oregon / N. California area for business, fishing, and more fishing.

I have stayed at the Hilton a few times and while it is a nice place, it does not compare to the Rogue Regency as far as staff and amenities.

The Rogue Regency has great rooms, great people, and an amazingly lively sports bar attached to it - complete with Pool, video games, a full-sized shuffle-board table (rare these days), and several video lottery games that always seem to pay out. The outside heated smoking patio is elevated to give you a nice view of the hills and landing aircraft (I don't smoke anymore but it is nice to see people being accommodated).

The bar is great and the people are very friendly - it's almost like a "Cheers" episode as they usually remember your name and type of drink. For example, I can be away from that bar for three months and before I even order, Esther already has my Sailor Jerry & Coke waiting for me.

The rooms are updated with flat screens and give you a great movie selection as well as games for the kiddos.

If you're a business traveller like me, or just stopping thru on your way to your destination, I couldn't recommend a better place.

One more thing that I almost forgot,...the last time I stayed, they were full,.... Except for the Presidential Suite, so they gave me that room for two nights at the normal rate. What was even more impressive is that the second night, they did have rooms open up as travelers left but rather than inconvenience me by making me pack up my belongings, they let me stay.

The Suite had a Cali King Bed, Remote fireplace, Jacuzzi Tub, Full Bar with corner TV, separate sitting area with hide-a-bed and recliner.

The restaurant is amazing and room service is lightning fast!

-Ronnie

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This visit was even better than my last visit! They seem to improve something each time I stay, and I thought they were near perfect last time! I casually noticed they are painting the Hotel and Improving the Porto-cove at the front door for starters.
They have added more Flat Screens to the Sports Bar; I didn't have to miss a single game or race! Furthermore, the wait and bar staff are friendly, welcoming and accommodating!
The restaurant; Man, the food is so good! Awesome chef! Love the Prime Rib, was perfectly prepared, Loved the Fries, ask for crispy fries and you get crispy fries!...next time they'll probably offer me a Kobe filet...I'd settle for Wagyu! GREAT Breakfast!
My Room was nice, cool and clean...objectively, there was a flat pillow on my bed, I asked for a new one and they immediately replaced it! I don't spend much time in the room with all that is going on in the Valley; wine tours, zip lining, jet boating, steel-head fishing, golfing, shooting, go cart racing with friends and family, awesome trip! When in the room, The Wireless Internet was fast; I was streaming videos for the kids, no prob. and everything else was great!
I think this is still a privately owned and operated hotel-as opposed to a corporate giant, and I prefer to support small businesses trying to survive this economical onslaught and thus I am even more impressed with all the positive things I notice during my visits.
I will be back soon, planning a visit in November during Thanksgiving and I am making my reservation now! Highly Recommended. The POOL & SPA are amazing!

Room Tip: I prefer the upper level rooms...ask for an upgrade; if they are not booked you may get it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends