“stayed less than an hour”

Best Western Horizon Inn
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Sacramento, CA
“stayed less than an hour”
Reviewed August 5, 2006

Don't let the photos fool you. Up close the hotel slightly resembles the type of hotel that doubles as a low income apartment. People just kinda hanging out in front of the rooms and the parking lot with nothing to do. The parking area doubles as the back of a diner. From the photos and the price we expected more.
The girl behind the counter didn't even look up just said "yes?" when I stood at the counter. After I said I was checking in she said "just one second" still without a smile or even a look.
The rooms were reasonably clean.
All we were looking for was a clean safe place to stay for the night. We didn't unpack, decided it would be better to keep driving then to stay there.

• Liked — close to freeway
  • Disliked — parking lot full of people that looked like parolees
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank ta240

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 28, 2006

Dog friendly is the best way to describe this old hotel. I have stayed here 5 times on my way home from Christmas visits in the NW. They allow my two dogs and family to get some sleep. Another plus is an off leash dog park across the street. My dogs love all the smells of this not so clean place, and don't mind all the noise from neighbors. I recently discovered the much nicer motel 6 that also takes dogs...no dog park.

• Liked — Dog park across the street.
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here if you don't have a dog.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank eukfeu
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 19, 2005

As soon as we walked in the lobby to check in our stay began to turn to crap. Tanya, the desk clerk wanted me to sign a waiver about a $150.00 damage fee regarding non smoking and a no pet policy, she said it was on all the forms and just a fomality. Well, we had always had a pet when we stayed and the room we had reserved was for pets. So after some conversation about the waiver, the clerk sighed, grabbed the paper and abruptly crossed out the waiver portion on the sign in sheet, Then in a less than respectful manner said "There, hows that?"
Everything went well until I got into the shower the following morning, well anout half way thru I ran out of hot water, so I got the good old Marine corp cold water rinse off. When we checked out, I had mentioned to the desk clerk that the room had run out of hot water and would like to have some of the room fee discounted, she informed me that if I had called right when the hot water ran out, they could have come and repaired the problem then. So, they want a soap blinded, buck naked guy to get out of the shower and call for repair and wait for hot water, ya, that's gonna happen! So, I didn't get my discount. But I know now where not to stay when in Medford.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
maple ridge
Reviewed May 18, 2005

We stayed for one night and we were awake until 1am becasue of kids (graduation maybe) having a great time smashing bottles and running around in their underwear and swimming in the pool. Once i complained it all stopped and about 10 cars must have left (guests or visitors then?). The room was large and could have been cleaner. The air conditioner was terrible and sticky but the walk way is right outside our window so we didnt feel comfortable leaving the window open while we slept. I wouldnt stay here again. Tierd travellers should continue down the road and find somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2005