“great for us and our small dog”

Best Western Horizon Inn
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Clean, comfortable, quiet room. Wonderful dog park directly across the street as well as a cycling path if you brought your bicycle. There is a restaurant next door as well. Easy access right off the freeway.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Darbyanne, General Manager at Best Western Horizon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you so much for recommending us as pet friendly. The dog park across the street is such a great attraction and you are right... the bicycle path is really special if you have your bike with you. We work a little harder in our pet rooms to make sure that our pet rooms are as fresh and clean as every other room in the hotel. There are no "dog house" rooms here!

Darby Stricker, CHA

Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is an outstanding hotel! I FULLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR ANYONE STAYING IN MEDFORD. One can easily observe the attention that is applied to upgraded rooms and amenities, excellent daily housekeeping, very comfortable bedding and furniture, windows are super clean and air conditioning & air circulation works great! Conveniently located near the I-5 freeway with a quality restaurant on the premises. Note: This hotel is also motorcycle rider friendly! This hotel should be a destination for any MC riders needing a GREAT place to stay for one night or several nights while riding/touring the area (Crater Lake, Mt. Ashland, west coast, old covered bridges and many other beautiful touring destinations are nearby). After a long day touring the area, return to the hotel, park your bike in front of your room, freshen up, then walk over to the Black Bear restaurant that is located on the premises and enjoy a few beers or glasses of wine and great meal without having to worry about riding your bike back to your hotel room! MC Riders - it doesn't get much better than that!

Although everyone we encountered during our stay was helpful and efficient, I would personally like to thank Jamie Langdon and Darby Stricker for being such gracious hosts and for obviously managing this hotel most efficiently. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT STAY!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Steve... Thank you so much for taking time to offer other travelers such a great recommendation. We call guests like you, our raving fans and we just love it!!! You were an equal pleasure to have here as our guest. You made each day a little brighter with our staff and you made us really feel like personal hosts during your stay. We know its a long way from Upland but we sure hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was a very good experience would stay there again. It was easy to find very friendly staff, the rooms were clean and I liked the hot tube and the swimming pool. They had a very nice continual breakfast. I would highly recommend it to family and firends.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the very kind words... we strive to read a recommendation that is titled "Excellent". Does it get any better?

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I want to thank everyone that submits reviews. After a not so good night at the Rogue Regency we ended up at Best Western Horizon Inn based on the rating and reviews. My only regret is that we didn't stay both of the nights we were in Medford here. Great prices, professional staff, and a super clean updated room. The bed was literally one of the most comfortable I have slept in. I was travelling with my husband and our two young children and we felt very comfortable here. Anytime I am in Medford in the future, I will most definitely be staying here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole E

Wow Nicole, we humbly thank you so much. Your kind words really exemplify our goals here to be clean, comfortable and not just friendly buy super friendly. We know that traveling families are going to great effort and expense to enjoy their time off and we take that as our responsibility to be part of the good time! Once again, thank you for the great recommendation to other travelers. By the way... I use TripAdvisor every time I travel because I know, I will only get honest reviews from other travelers and not paid for advertising. It never fails me!!!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

very clean and the staff was very helpful. It was nice to stay in a clean non smoking room, the hotel looked nice and clean inside and out. Good breakfast and coffee. Would stay again. If only all hotels were this clean :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Darbyanne, General Manager at Best Western Horizon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

A clean hotel is top one of our very priorities! Along with friendly service and a good bite to eat in the morning. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our efforts! Thank you so much for taking time to share you experience with other travelers.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a family gathering and it was great. The staff was very friendly and check in was quick even though i arrived early on a busy weekend. There was a microwave and fridge in the room wich was helpful for leftovers from the Black bear restaurant right next door. ( good food). I will definitely be staying here again this summer when I come back

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Wow! thank you so much for the very kind words. We love reading that our guests had a great experience and we are most thankful that you took time to share them with other travelers. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I enjoyed my recent stay here very much. One person in particular (Carmen) was very helpful. I enjoyed our short conversations each morning during breakfast. The property is well kept. I loved that they allow pets,so my little guy didn't have to be away from me. Thank you Carmen.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

we couldn't agree more about our Carmen. She does such a great job keeping the breakfast fresh and stocked! We are delighted that you enjoyed our pet friendly rooms, we really mean it when we say we are pet friendly. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about your stay with other travelers.