“Nice hotel for the price”

Best Western Horizon Inn
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I don't usually go for Best Western, but this was a very last minute stay and the entire town was full. The only cons are limited proteins at the free breakfast and a broken drain stop in the tub. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Having Black Bear Diner in the same parking lot was a big bonus!

1  Thank shellih2
Darbyanne, General Manager at Best Western Horizon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Very nice words to read, we are thankful. Don't ever hesitate to let us know of any repair item that may show up during your stay. Our maintenance team is ready to fix it or we will get you moved, right there and then. We are so lucky to share a parking lot with Black Bear Diner, they work as hard as we do to ensure your experience is a great value!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Horizon Inn

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Decided to stay at this Best Western last minute while moving across country from Phoenix, AZ to Portland, OR. Staff was extremely understanding and accommodating allowing us to park our 26 ft U-haul along parking spaces in front of the pool. Enjoyed the fact that Black Bear Diner was in the same lot providing the comfort of an almost "home cooked" meal while on the road. Stayed in a double room and very pleased with the cleanliness and comfortable beds AND pillows which are sometimes hard to find while traveling. Very pleased with the fact that they accepted pets with a minimal pet fee. Complementary breakfast was delicious. Wished our travels had allowed another night stay so we could enjoy the amenities a bit longer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KimboSlice28

How nice to hear we were a pleasant stop on your grand adventure to move. We have such a big parking lot and indeed we love the pets in our pet friendly rooms. The pet fee we charge is used to extra clean the pet rooms so that we clean the room, not cover up the pet stays. Thank you for sharing your experience, we are very thankful.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Nice for stop on my way home. Layout reminds me of a Super 8 - but better. Cleaner, newer (renovation). Price included breakfast - limited choice but adequate. I got 10% discount off rack rate for senior. Only negative was a bus arrived full of teenagers at about 11:30 pm. The hotel evidentially put them in rooms scattered about the property - I was awaken by noice both to the side and above me. The hotel should group these late arriving bus loads together so as not to disturb all the other guests. When I told them in the morning - they seem unconcerned with my issue.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank heidi84

We are so thankful that you found your stay clean and comfortable. WE are sorry about the noise of the bus arrival, we worked swiftly to get them settled in. Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience with other travelers, we think tripadvisor is the best light house for travelers out there.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stopped at this Best Western on my trip home from Oregon to California. I was concerned that since it was so close to the freeway, downtown area, and across the parking lot from a busy restaurant that it would be noisey, but I had peace and quiet and great sleep! The staff was very nice and made you feel welcomed. The room was nothing fancy but it was clean and well maintained. I enjoyed the breakfast and all the food items that they offered. It was reasonably priced I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for what you are looking for, whether it be quiet room or a second floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Your review points out great reasons to stay here at Horizon Inn. A half way point between California and Oregon. Just off the I-5. A brick building designed to calm the traffic noise. Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with other travelers.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Excellent Customer Service by Jamie, Brandie and Crystal at front desk. They seemed genuinely happy to have me as a guest and wanted to do all they could to ensure my stay there was a pleasant one.

Samuel left my room sparkling clean and took time to artistically fold my towels so they looked like swans. He obviously takes pride in his work.

Great staff! Kudos!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

What a fun review to read! You know the towel swans were Samuels idea! He is glad to know that you appreciate them.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My most recent stay here (4/11/13) was very enjoyable mainly due to the efforts of Crystale, Jamie and the "breakfast lady", Carmen! I have the pleasure of staying at this location about twice monthly and always am treated like I'm the only guest staying here! Superb customer service always delivered by these three but also Brooke, Megan and Arturo shouldn't be forgotten! I love staying here. It is close to shopping, dining and the freeway. The rooms are well appointed with flat screen 32" brand new TVs and the beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: I like the ground floor near the spa and swimming pool.
1  Thank ricky011

When we share these comments with our staff, they all walk a little bit taller. Thank you so much for remembering who we are and our efforts to make you enjoy your stay. These are the most high of compliments.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clean room, friendly staff, comfortable bed. Breakfast doesn't have as many selections but hey, for the price we paid, I am still very happy. It's a decent hotel, and for the price you pay, you just can't beat it. This will be our rest stop from now on for our annual trip along the coast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

When our guests say we are decent hotel at an excellent value, we know we hit the sweet spot. We are not out to be the fanciest. We just want to give you super friendly, super clean, a good bite to eat, a nice swim all at a reasonable price. Our mission has always been and excellent value!