“Great Hotel in a Great Location!”

Best Western Horizon Inn
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed December 20, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank JOHN F
Darbyanne, General Manager at Best Western Horizon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband & I stayed again @ Best Western Horizon Inn last October for 3 nights and had a wonderful stay - We can always count on it. We received our reservation paperwork upon check-out - and the employees each signed their names - very sweet. We see how busy everyone is and how much they fuss, but never too busy to say something pleasant with a smile, and ask if there is anything they can help assist with, and yet - we feel that our privacy is respected. Professional, and yet user-friendly for sure. My husband has mentioned how much he admires Harlen.
We are headed back for an entire week over the Christmas holiday! Great location and we always get rest. It is just so beautiful this time of year in So. Oregon. We are nearing our one year anniversary-we have good memories of our get-away hotel. Happy couple.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Wow! Thank you so much for the great review! We love to read that our efforts to make each stay uniquely wonderful does not go unnoticed. Harlan, our maintenance chief will thrill at the mention of his name in your very kind words. We will pass on the pat on his back! Thank you again for taking time to share your experience with other travelers.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Nice large room attractively decorated; room was clean and neat. The office staff and breakfast room was very helpful. I would recommend it to anyone and would stay there again if I went to Medford. It was easy to find and in a good location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

"I would recommend it to anyone" is music to our ears. Thank you for your very kind words. We are always very grateful to hear that we delivered on our mission. Great service and clean rooms. We hope to see you again and we wish for you to know how thankful we are that you took time to share your experience with other travelers.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Heidi helped with a package for our wedding and family for our ceremony in the Medford area. The whole office staff was very accommodating and helpful. Rooms are well kept and a hot tub soak in the winter cold is a treat! Black Bear Diner next door has enough food on their plates to feed a Grizzly Bear!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ncdodave

Heidi in sales is just the very best! We will pass on your kind words to her. So glad you were able to enjoy the hot tub as well as the Black Bear Diner which is right on our property. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with other travelers.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I agree with what everyone has said about cleanliness, comfort, friendly staff, but what impressed me so much was after I left the motel to drive back to CA I received a call from the motel saying that my credit card had bee n left in my room and they wanted to return it to me! I had not even noticed it was missing, but it was. Fernando, who had taken care of my room, had found the card and turned it in to the Housekeeping supervisor who the notified the front desk. The card was mailed to me within a few days. I can only imagine what a problem this would have caused me had there not been at least three honest employees working at this motel. I have already made reservations when I return in February and will always stay here when in Medford.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lovescats6

We are so relieved to hear you have your credit card back in hand. I will pass on to Fernando and the front desk staff that it is safe and that you appreciate there efforts! We also want to thank you for your kind words about our quality and cleanliness. It is so validating to read about, what we all strive so hard to achieve. We thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here late one night on a long road trip to Nevada. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The room was simple and the bed was adequate. This hotel is not part of the BW Plus line of hotels and as such, you won't find the amenities or fluffy towels that you would at a Plus location.

Still, a modern room, comfortable bed and great location for weary I5 travelers.

Room Tip: Choose a room far from the road in one of the back buildings.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Darbyanne, General Manager at Best Western Horizon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

We are always so delighted to read a review that states, you found us to be a good value. It means to us that we have risen to the guest expectation of getting what they paid for. As you said, we provided clean rooms. Our greatest pleasure is delighting our guests with friendly service. Thank you so much for pointing all of those things out to other travelers. We value all feedback, this kind really makes our day!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here overnight on our way up to the Oregon Coast for a Thanksgiving family get-together and on the way back. Excellent motel- clean, warm, comfortable bed, quiet, spacious parking lot, easy on/off from I-5, great hot tub to unwind from I-5 driving in early winter storms, very friendly and professional staff, good value for the money. And, for us, the added joy of a Black Bear Diner next door. We've marked this as a must-stay spot for trips between our home in northern Nevada and recreation in northern Oregon and Washington.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are midway between the street and the west end closest to I-5.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Darbyanne, General Manager at Best Western Horizon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Wow - you said all of our favorite things. Cleanliness - service - value. We are so delighted that you also enjoyed the ever popular Black Bear Diner. The best thing is when a guest tells us the come back to us more than once, which is the highest of all compliments. Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience with other travelers, we value your feedback.