“Another Hotel Review”

SpringHill Suites Medford
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Nice location right off the freeway, next to Wallmart. Very convenient to stop in Wallmart and pick up some fruit, something for dinner and something to drink. After a long drive I don't really like to go out and find a restaurant.
The hotel was very nice, quiet, and clean. One thing I did not like was that when we went to breakfast there was a group of business people occupying all the tables. Not eating, just working on their computers. So I stood for awhile waiting for a table to open.
I mentioned this to the front desk and they offered the conference room for my wife and I to have breakfast in. Thought that was a bit ironic... they should have offered the conference room to the group not having breakfast. All that aside, I recommend this hotel. Enjoy

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ldo96

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We've never stayed in this hotel so we hoped it would be ok. Wow it was more than ok. So clean - our room was immaculate. Very comfortable - I'd stay again in a minute. Front desk staff at both check in and check out were great!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Deborah G
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is great for the "road-warrior" type traveler. Free parking and free Internet are always good amenities. Hotel room was comfortable. Friendly hotel staff and nice lobby. I prefer ground-floor units in these types of hotels, and I was not disappointed.

Three issues: First, the bed pillows were too soft and flimsy. They did not provide any support for my head, and I am not a picky person when it comes to pillows. I noticed the same pillows are used at the SpringHill Suites in Modesto, CA and Bakersfield, CA locations. Second, the in-room AC was annoyingly loud. Since I prefer ground-floor rooms, I need to use the AC/fan for ventilation instead of leaving the window wide open. If you prefer higher room floors, then this might not be an issue for you. Third, the free buffet breakfast is average. The sausage links were not that great, mostly fatty. It's definitely a notch below the free breakfast buffets at Embassy Suites, but better than Hampton Inn (I mostly stay at Hilton brand hotels). I would highly suggest that the staff improve their breakfast offerings as well as the bed pillow quality.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RobsPicsCom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed a lot at Hiltons's Embassy Suites and Marriott's Residence Inn. It was refreshing to see that this Spring Hill Suites keeps up with those more expensive hotels in nearly every department:
- clean modern rooms with updated furniture and amenities
- nice roomier double queen suites
- helpful and friendly staff
- large bathrooms with very good water pressure on shower

Wish they could have an an omelette station like those at Embassy Suites; like others mentioned, they do have styrofoam plates and plastic water cups. Don't know such plates are cheaper than reusable porcelain plates and silverware.

The room views were nothing to rave about, being close to I-5, a Walmart, and a shopping center.

We will certainly be adding SpringHill Suites to our list of hotels to search for our next stays.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stopped here for 1 night as we were tired of driving all day! What a nice lobby, and friendly check in. It was peaceful and quiet upon arriving. The room was beautiful and clean. We had to phone down for a toilet plunger, which was promptly delivered. And to our pleasant surprise, we were given a small discount on the bill. We never expected that- what great customer service!

Breakfast was good, and plenty of room to sit.

We would highly recommend staying here. I would suggest moving this hotel up a couple of numbers on the list!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TobyJoeBurnaby_BC
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was our second stay at this location. Accomodations continue to be well-designed, clean and comfortable. A new addition is an attendant in the breakfast room, which is very welcome. Ours was a very nice lady named Belem, who greated every guest offering her assistance. This lady did not need to be sent to charm school, she is a natural talent with customer service. I think you will be pleased with your stay at this location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

During booking I noticed I would get a $25 gift card for each night I stayed for Harry & David plus a nice box of truffles. I was able to get a nice chocolate set and have it shipped home for the lady, and many other treats and goodies to take with me. While at the hotel, the front desk staff was friendly and quick to serve. Breakfast was standard, the pancake mix gets goopey sometimes and they were out of coffee one morning, but overall good. I enjoyed their pool and hot tub. I did notice an odd smell whenever I entered the hotel lobby, it had the smell of chlorine and industrial strength cleaner; the rooms are cleaned with that cleaner and can be a little over-whelming at first. As with most of OR, smoking is not allowed within 10ft of an entrance and there aren't any cigar lounges in MFR, I went out back by the pool and made sure I was more than 10ft, though. Overall, this hotel was good, located by several shopping areas, great service, and fair priced.

• Stayed: February 2013