WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Medford
Seattle, Washington
“My favourite in MFR”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

During booking I noticed I would get a $25 gift card for each night I stayed for Harry & David plus a nice box of truffles. I was able to get a nice chocolate set and have it shipped home for the lady, and many other treats and goodies to take with me. While at the hotel, the front desk staff was friendly and quick to serve. Breakfast was standard, the pancake mix gets goopey sometimes and they were out of coffee one morning, but overall good. I enjoyed their pool and hot tub. I did notice an odd smell whenever I entered the hotel lobby, it had the smell of chlorine and industrial strength cleaner; the rooms are cleaned with that cleaner and can be a little over-whelming at first. As with most of OR, smoking is not allowed within 10ft of an entrance and there aren't any cigar lounges in MFR, I went out back by the pool and made sure I was more than 10ft, though. Overall, this hotel was good, located by several shopping areas, great service, and fair priced.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Crescent City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We decided to head to Medford and use our Marriott points to stay for free. No problem with making online reservations on the same day of our arrival. The staff must have remembered our last visit as we were placed in our same room as last time. We noticed the great comforters had been replaced with a bedsheet but that everything else in the room was the same. As mentioned in my previous posting the breakfast has gone downhill with plastic utensils and syrofrom plates, it continues with apples wrapped in plastic and cheaper, easier to prepare food. Even the oatmeal looked and tasted cheaper. It appears they are cutting costs in the hopes that no one will notice. I think if someone is staying at a Marriott they would be willing to pay a little more to get that first class feel. As Medford has no 5 star hotel, the Marriott is it as far as high class standards, they are compromising themselves by cutting costs. Regardless, I would stay here again but will consider staying at the Courtyard near the Airport.

Room Tip: The third floor is very quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeff3239
san francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were looking for a suite-type room since 5 of us were driving from San Francisco to Seattle and needed enough rooms and space to fit everyone in. We have had some nice suite rooms in our travels through the US, and this one was fine but not the best. It seems to me that the space in the room could have been used more wisely. There is an enormous bath floor space which really is not necessary, but you have to walk carefully between beds and there is a very crowded sofa/chair area. Everything was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was what you usually get. Jut could have been built a little more intelligently.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

In selecting a rating for "Service" it dawned on me that I never interacted with a single person except for checking in and out. However, I must say our room was cleaned nicely daily.

We stayed two nights as we were in town for a dog show. The hotel was one of the host hotels for the show.

Our room was on the back side, and the patrons of the hotel adjacent to the Springhill on that side were NOISY. Honking alarms at all hours of the night were heard clearly in our room with the fan on. We were on the second floor. I believe the 1st floor would be horrible. You access the first floor by going down stairs and the car headlights shine directly into the rooms when the cars pull up.

We were given breakfast with our hotel room and the restaurant and it's staff and food were very good. The breakfast choices given for our free breakfast (offered along with our special room rate for the dog show) was more than adequate.

Depending on rates, I might chose a different hotel next year to get a bit of variety and see if there is another place that might suit me better. However based on the rate we were given, I would not hesitate going back.

Room Tip: Don't chose a first floor room if you can help it! Car headlights hit the windows straight on...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sued1955
Crescent City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This Marriott is still a good place to stay with growth going on in the surrounding area. We did notice that breakfast has now gone to plastic and syroform plates and utensils, not a good sign of things to come.. Rooms and beds are still great

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeff3239
B.C. Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Suites just so that we could have a king size bed separated by a partition from the sofa bed for our 11 year old son.

The room was tight but well laid out. We all had pizza in the "sitting room"....which was nice as we didn't have to sit on the bed to eat. We watched some tv together and it was a really nice change for a hotel.

The King bed was awesome. I don't think I've ever slept so well. Now maybe I was extra tired or maybe I'm just getting soft but man oh man the bed was great. I checked the label and found that it was a foam mattress. Made me wanna go out and buy one.

My son said that the sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable
I used the laundry room which was very helpful.
$1.50 for a wash and $1.50 for a dry (and it all dried--including the jeans that were in there)!

The staff were awesome. There were some issues with the door locks and keys. The sync wasn't working and they were very apologetic and accommodating. We really didn't care as we weren't leaving the room anyway. Kudos to the front desk workers who put up with at least one angry (stupid if you ask me) customer who's key wouldn't work in the door. That customer was so rude and we felt bad for the staff in having to deal with issues for which they had no control.

The breakfast was just ok. Nothing too special.

Parking was good. No issues. Safe area. Quiet and WalMart is across the street.
Would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Not such a bad place to stay. The rooms are very fresh looking inside and the built in kitchen is a plus. The freeway noise is a little difficult, but if you turn on the fan for the air conditioner you don't notice it at all. A little bit far from the downtown drag but it's not too difficult to get down there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business