“Another Great Stay”

Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Sacramento
“Another Great Stay”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Each summer when I travel up to Seattle and beyond I stay at either the Homewood Suites or Springhill Suites in Medford. Each of the hotels has their pluses and each has their negatives.
The pluses for this hotel are: Clean rooms, great breakfast, great staff, conveniently located near Fred Meyers, Starbucks and Harry and David. The negatives are that you are near the freeway and you might hear some of the trucks throttle down off of '5', and this hotel is also popular with families and young children. I might have some future concerns as the area is beginning to build up with a new Wal-Mart 100 yards down the road.
The standard room has a small sitting area with mini bar and a separate bedroom. Depending where you are located the rooms are quiet. If you open the windows you will hear some traffic noise. If you are familiar with Homewood Suites the Springhill rooms are a little smaller.
There is a pool and an exercise room located next to the elevator and lobby. But, because of all the children I tend to avoid the pool area. They also have coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in the lobby area.
This hotel is right across from a Towne Place Suites. I would pick Springhill to stay at because the Towne Place has smaller rooms and a continental breakfast rather than a full breakfast. I had a great stay.

Room Tip: Compare prices between Springhill and Homewood Suites.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Really great hotel for the price. Seems new and is very clean. Rooms are modern, large and quiet. AC unit operates well and quietly which is rare in this price range.
The hotel actually looks and feels like a 4 star hotel. Great stop during our trip to San Francisco. Good standard breakfast.
We definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We like Springhill Suites and we liked this one as well. In fact the rooms were slightly larger than the rooms at other Springhill Suites. The bathroom was larger as was the living room area. The breakfast area was set up better than other Springhill Suites as well. But..

Bring your bikes into your room if you value them. We were one of several people that had their bikes taken from their vehicle bike racks during the night. I had my bikes locked to the rack with 3 new Kryptonite bike lock loops. The thieves cut through them like butter. I suspect that since there were many vehicles in the parking lot that evening with bikes on their vehicle bike racks, bike thieves target this location for bikes.

Friendly staff. They were also very helpful as we filed our police report. Despite the bike theft, I would stay at this property again. I would just bring my new bikes into my room at night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JANDSJETS
Sierra Madre, CA
Reviewed July 19, 2012

It's difficult for me to write a review of such an unremarkable hotel, but I think this place stands out in its unbelievable ordinaryness.

I don't mean it in a bad way, but this place is the epitome of okay. It's got "good enough" written all over it. Not unlike my personal review of most days at work, the Medford SpringHill merits my mumbled "fine."

You know what? Booking the room was about what we expected. Finding the place? Do-able. The parking lot was nondescript, the check-in process was boilerplate, and our room was ordinary. I think they had the middle of the bell curve in mind when conceptualizing this humdrum exemplar of run of the mill-ness.

I had a perfectly adequate shower in the standard bath with everyday accoutrements. I watched the expected television shows on the regular TV channels featured on industry standard technology. In the morning, as you might imagine, I dined on the same dime a dozen breakfast fare served in every other nationwide hotel chain. After the last bite, I declared it "so-so."

Stay here if you don't want your hotel to get in the way of your vacation. It's as passable a middling hotel with unexceptional features can possibly be.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter, they're all of equal value.
2 Thank Phingers
California
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel about 4 nights (2 separate visits) between November 2011 and July 2012. During our November stay, we had an accessible room with a King bed. It was spacious and roomy, clean and very nice. Comfortable beds. Breakfast was good. Great staff.
Our recent visit in July 2012 was a little different in that we stayed in a room with 2-Queen beds that was not an accessible room. We checked in early, so an accessible room was not available...which was our choice. The room was narrow and the space at the end of the beds to the wall was about 2 feet, maybe. Ok, but a little tight. The TV was situated between the sleeping area and the sitting area. It swiveled so could be watched from both locations, but was not convenient when viewing from the bed without getting a kink in your neck. We will probably stay at this hotel again, but will definitely request the accessible room because of the space constraints from this past visit. Our experience at Marriott hotels is generally very good and high on our list of hotels. Beds were a bit firmer in this room, but ok. Staff was good. Breakfast was good.

Fresno, California
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels to stay while on business. It's reasonably priced and well worth it. While on vacation, we stayed in a room with two queen beds and sofa bed on our way to and from Crater Lake, OR. The rooms are roomy and very clean. Breakfast was excellent and the service staff were very attentive. My only complaint was the waffle maker machine. I would suggest to move it to the end of the line. On Saturday, the breakfast line was literary out the door. It just slowed everything down.

Yuba City, California
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stopped over in Medford between Northern California and Portland. The Marriott Springhill Suites was a great place to stop with large clean rooms and a comfortable bed. There are nice flat-screen televisions and the Internet is free and fast. The breakfast (included) was one of the better ones we have experienced with plenty of variety and a staff that worked hard to keep it fresh. A nice alternative to the price of the hotels seven miles down the road in Ashland.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Part of the hotel are set aside for airline crews in need of sleep.
1 Thank Travelseeker777