“Fancy, Tasty Thai Cuisine”
Review of Bambu

Bambu
Ranked #11 of 301 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ashland, Oregon
“Fancy, Tasty Thai Cuisine”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Opened two years ago by the former chef from Thai Pepper in Ashland, this is a very good Thai restaurant, albeit a little pricey. It's on the outskirts of Medford and is a full service restaurant, best described as fine dining.

Visited September 2012

Eagle Point, Oregon
“Favorite Thai restaurant”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This semi small restaurant in the Albertson Shopping Center on South Phoenix Rd has EXCELLENT food. I've never been disappointed. It's open for lunch and dinner M-F and dinner F&Sat. It has become so popular a reservation is recommended. We sat at the counter without one and had just as nice of an experience. The atmosphere is elegant for the size and location. Service is superb. On nice days, there is patio seating. Love it!

• Visited February 2013
Portland
“Nice First Impression-Quality Delivered!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is the cutest coziest little place that's clean and neat. The food is absolutely delicious and the prices are reasonable too. It's a great place to take a guest. If you've read any of my other reviews by now you know, I love to entertain. Just what you see in the food photo is what you get. The service is great, and the music in background is really nice too.

• Visited November 2012
Jacksonville, Oregon
“Not Inexpensive, But Oh So Good!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I would give Bambu a 5-star if it weren't so crowded. Reservations recommended. The food, however, is to die for. This is not an inexpensive restaurant, yet, for my wife and me, it is worth every penny. Service is excellent, as is the food presentation. Thai food, like Chinese, is ordered as entrees. You can order appetizers, small plates, and large plates in any combination. The flavors are rich and the taste tantalizes the tongue. The menu is fairly diverse, and specials are often available. We usually spend about $70 for the two of us, but we don't mind. The dining experience is truly worth it!

Visited January 2013
Oregon
“Good service, big portions, no flavor.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was really surprised, I'd heard good things about this place, but the hostess was very rude, they'd lost our reservations but still managed to seat us at a tiny table. The best part was the service, the waitress was excellent, kept our glasses full and exchanged my friend's soup for salad when the soup that was supposed to be mild was so hot it burned her mouth. I ordered the tiger roll, supposed to be crab and cheese, but wound up being warm cream cheese in an eggroll wrapper- I couldn't see or taste any crab. I had a chicken with peanut sauce dish, my friend had pad thai. The presentation was lovely and the portions were generous, but the noodles seemed old, crunchy on top and soggy on bottom, and had no flavor, the chicken, peanut sauce, noodles- nothing. My friend said the same of the pad thai. Maybe we went on an off night, but I doubt I'll go back. If you're in the mood for Thai try the Siam Cafe, authentic and probably the best Thai food I've ever had. It's not as fancy as bambu, but I'll skip the decor for flavor any day.

• Visited January 2013