“Good service, big portions, no flavor.”
Review of Bambu

Bambu
Ranked #6 of 314 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was really surprised, I'd heard good things about this place, but the hostess was very rude, they'd lost our reservations but still managed to seat us at a tiny table. The best part was the service, the waitress was excellent, kept our glasses full and exchanged my friend's soup for salad when the soup that was supposed to be mild was so hot it burned her mouth. I ordered the tiger roll, supposed to be crab and cheese, but wound up being warm cream cheese in an eggroll wrapper- I couldn't see or taste any crab. I had a chicken with peanut sauce dish, my friend had pad thai. The presentation was lovely and the portions were generous, but the noodles seemed old, crunchy on top and soggy on bottom, and had no flavor, the chicken, peanut sauce, noodles- nothing. My friend said the same of the pad thai. Maybe we went on an off night, but I doubt I'll go back. If you're in the mood for Thai try the Siam Cafe, authentic and probably the best Thai food I've ever had. It's not as fancy as bambu, but I'll skip the decor for flavor any day.

1  Thank Jinx_Trice

Reviewed January 20, 2013

it is hard to categorize bambu, i think they call it "asian fusion" or some such, which doesn't tell me much. but when you eat the food, combination of asian / indian theme entres of various meats and seafoods, curries, noodles, rices, wow, it's just all good. noodles pan fried until they are partly crispy, partly not...a fried tofu dish that's hard to put down...tons of weird and interesting appetizers...you get to watch them make everything, the kitchen is right in the dining room...it's in a neighborhood where there's a hospital, i.e. a lot of doctors living about, and i'll bet they serve more takeout than sit-down.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The food is always good! You need to make a reservation ahead of time. It is a busy place so you will need reservations in most cases. You can always sit at the bar; same good food, just a little tighter space.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have had Asian Fusion food all over the world and this is one of the best. We had great food in Bali, but why go all the way to Bali when you can get a taste of the country right here in Medford.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Broad menu of the kind of Asian influence food I'm used to eating at home in Hawaii. Thought I'd decided what to eat until presented with the special of Tempura Halibut..... Yum. Five of us and eveything was very good. Generous portions.

2  Thank joferer

Been to Bambu? Share your experiences!