“Like Going Home”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

While visiting Medford, OR, we asked for a restaurant recommendation at the front desk of our hotel. We were directed towards Vinny's Italian Kitchen. What a charming place. The decor is unmistakenly Italian but not overdone. Pictures of generations of family members covered the walls. The owner, Vinny, and his wife, Virginia, were on site and welcomed us warmly. We instantly made a connection since Vinny is from an island not too far from where my mother's family grew up in Italy. We chatted for a few minutes and asked for some meal recommendations. Vinny recommended the Lasagna, which I ordered. It had a sweet meat sauce, made with both ground beef and ground sausage - very nice. The pasta was thin so as not to be too heavy. It was just right. My wife ordered a special dish, Shrimp with Portabella Mushroom over linguini pasta - also very tasty and a rather large portion! We each had a nice glass of wine to go with dinner and a house salad (tasty dressing). After dinner we had another nice chat with both Vinny and Virginia. The presence of the owner - not to mention - an ITALIAN owner - added a nice touch to the entire experience. We do not usually go to restaurants that are in malls or plazas, but we are so glad we got to experience Vinny's!

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Really friendly staff aith good food. Forgot my tea but was so chafming I didnt mind. Would definately stop again if in the area

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very good Italian food, probably as good as you'll find anywhere. Has the feel of an old family-run place. This is a very small restaurant in a strip mall, on the southeast side of Medford. Not the easiest to find, but worth the hunt.

1  Thank J-Doc
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We ate there again when Vinny Sr. was hosting. Everything was wonderful. We had Lasagna again because we knew how good it was, and shared the chocolate cake; looked & tasted like a dream, I love the elegant decor in such a small, intimate space.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I decided to try Vinny's for our 36th anniversary and we were not disappointed.
Our meal started with warm bread, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. That was followed by dinner salads that were fresh and had excellently prepared dressings.
For the main course, my wife had the lobster ravioli, and I had the veal francaise. Both were wonderful and the sauces were perfect.
For dessert, we had a tiramisu and a complimentary chocolate cake (for the anniversary) . I can't imagine better.
The service was prompt and attentive. The music appropriate both in atmosphere and volume.
Overall, we had a great evening and on top of all that, the prices were extremely reasonable for what was delivered.
We will be back. Many times!

Been to Vinny's Italian Kitchen? Share your experiences!