“Awesome staff, clean, comfortable”

Candlewood Suites Medford
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here for 10 weeks for work and can't say enough good things. Staff went above and beyond to make the visit as comfortable as possible. A big thank you to McKenzie, Lee, Natalie & Amanda for everything. Housekeepers were very professional & thorough. If I make ,y way through, I would definitely stay again & would recommend it to others

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Natalie R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Medford, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Amanda,

We enjoyed having you as a guest during your stay here in Medford. Thank you for being such a delight! Take care of that adorable dog of yours, and we hope to see you in the future if you are ever in the area again. Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

When sleeping in a few different kind of hotels within a week I have come to be Leary of certain areas and places. After driving for miles up and down the coast of Oregon the options become tricky. This place had an incredible AAA rate and was so welcoming when we arrived around midnight. Lisa at the front desk was the most warm and accomadating person. Truly a pleasure. This place is clean, cozy has a small store on the first floor, free laundry, full kitchen!!!! Stocked with supplies.....wait it gets better. Fitness room and you can even check out movies to rent and watch on your DVD player in your room. The Best! Will definitely stay here again when passing through.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Driving back home after our vacation, our plans were in flux. My wife made an online reservation for 2 rooms while we were on I5. When we arrived late Saturday night, I was surprised a live person was at the desk. We requested 2 non smoking rooms with 2 beds each. Somehow the website interpreted that as 2 smoking rooms. Luckily the night clerk was able to accommodate us with the nonsmoking request but because of how busy it was, she was not able to find rooms with 2 beds each. It did make for some interesting sleeping arrangements, but we were so tired by then that we didn't care.

The rooms: typical Candlewood suites. Clean, efficient, full kitchenette with fridge. We were just happy that it was clean and quiet. No breakfast. It is on the outskirts of Medford next to the airport. Even though it's named as an international airport, I don't think there are flights coming in and out of Medford at night so noise didn't seem to be an issue.

Overall, we were there to find a clean comfortable place to bed down for the night before continuing on our trip, and we did.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

good points - wonderful view from window, peaceful, quiet, clean.

But - basic room with single queen has bed pushed close to one wall so they could fit in an easy chair.
Not suitable for a couple, as one person has no bedside table on which to place eyeglasses, tissues, etc, and has to struggle to get in and out of bed.

Also - while hotel does provide complementary coffee in lobby, they think its OK to only supply non-dairy creamer. I prefer not to have coffee with chemicals. I'd rather have something from a cow.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mhenner
Natalie R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Medford, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the peace we are so proud to give our guests. I apologize for the inconveniences you found. We will take your advice into to consideration on how we can improve. Thank you for this opportunity to better serve you and future guests.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My experience was extremely frustrating. I booked this property through one of the prominent booking engines, and booked a room for one adult and one child. When I checked-in, I was given a room with a single queen bed which was not an acceptable situation. I called to the front desk, and spoke to Mackenzie who said that she would call back shortly. After 1/2 hour without a call, I called down again at which time she informed me that she could switch me into a room with two beds TOMORROW, at an additional charge.

I had travelled 19 hours from the East Coast (7 air, 9 driving, 3 airport) and all I really wanted to do was get some rest, and yet I needed to spend an hour on the phone with the booking Company and IHG customer service. Worst of all, I can't simply unpack my bags and relax, as I will need to check out of the current room first thing, then store my bag until they have the new room ready for check-in. I will also need to occupy my 6 year old son outside of the property, and will have provide him his nap in our car, since I will not have access to the room that I am paying for.

This could have been avoided on any number of levels, the least obtrusive of which could have been simply offering a rollaway bed. Instead it has become an ordeal which has left me thoroughly irritated. I spend nearly a hundred nights per year in hotels, including 25-30 nights in Medford. As such, I need to be careful of costs and sometimes use an online booking engine, that said, if a property accepts a reservation, they STILL have the obligation to provide customer service, rather than ambivalence, which is what I feel I experienced. I requested a customer service comment card from the front desk when I went down a second time; I was told that there was one in my room...there wasn't. I should have been handed one immediately upon request.

This could have been a great opportunity to demonstrate a customer service mentality and potentially gain repeat business. Instead, it was an abject failure, and I am stuck here since the stay was pre-paid. As a former hospitality professional, I know exactly how this COULD have been handled, yet wasn't...

Hard to describe the actual facilities when feeling this way, other than to say that they seem adequate.

Room Tip: If you choose to book here, do NOT do so through an online booking engine...In my experience it enti...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BJoelG
Natalie R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Medford, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear guest,

I am grievously sorry to hear about your stressful stay here at our Candlewood Suites. I have discussed this situation with McKenzie and have gone over the ways this could have been handled better. I would like to apologize about the comment card confusion, as we have recently removed them from all guest rooms to try to encourage online, paperless, social reviews like here on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your feedback in this manner. This allows us to continuously improve the services we provide. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

I was glad to hear she did explain to you properly in regards of how your reservation was made, and how Hotwire booked you for a room to accommodate 2 people, which is the standard occupancy for a Standard Queen Studio. A room with 2 beds is more expensive, so she was simply following procedure, and I will stand behind her on this. The easiest solution therefore would have been to move rooms, to which you declined for the first night, but requested to move the second night. When moving rooms we do not require our guests to vacate the room in the morning. You could have received your new keys and moved when it was convenient for you. We know how much freedom and no pressure traveling means to our guests, and would never have expected this of you. If in any way you were made feel unwelcome we apologize sincerely and will strive to better ourselves.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next trip to Medford. By calling us directly we can ensure you get exactly what you want, and can avoid any third party misunderstanding.

General Manager.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel provided a comfortable stay and the rooms were very clean-- I was amazed by the great customer service I needed some extra pillows and the staff was very prompt on making sure I received what I needed

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mani G
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I find that Candlewood's close proximity to the airport, nice sized rooms/suites and nicely appointed kitchens are something to look forward to, when I spend time in Medford. I also appreciate that Natalie and her front desk stall are always friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business