“nice hotel, a few issues.”

Candlewood Suites Medford
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed June 6, 2013

good points - wonderful view from window, peaceful, quiet, clean.

But - basic room with single queen has bed pushed close to one wall so they could fit in an easy chair.
Not suitable for a couple, as one person has no bedside table on which to place eyeglasses, tissues, etc, and has to struggle to get in and out of bed.

Also - while hotel does provide complementary coffee in lobby, they think its OK to only supply non-dairy creamer. I prefer not to have coffee with chemicals. I'd rather have something from a cow.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mhenner
Natalie R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Medford, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the peace we are so proud to give our guests. I apologize for the inconveniences you found. We will take your advice into to consideration on how we can improve. Thank you for this opportunity to better serve you and future guests.

Natalie R.

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Medford

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My experience was extremely frustrating. I booked this property through one of the prominent booking engines, and booked a room for one adult and one child. When I checked-in, I was given a room with a single queen bed which was not an acceptable situation. I called to the front desk, and spoke to Mackenzie who said that she would call back shortly. After 1/2 hour without a call, I called down again at which time she informed me that she could switch me into a room with two beds TOMORROW, at an additional charge.

I had travelled 19 hours from the East Coast (7 air, 9 driving, 3 airport) and all I really wanted to do was get some rest, and yet I needed to spend an hour on the phone with the booking Company and IHG customer service. Worst of all, I can't simply unpack my bags and relax, as I will need to check out of the current room first thing, then store my bag until they have the new room ready for check-in. I will also need to occupy my 6 year old son outside of the property, and will have provide him his nap in our car, since I will not have access to the room that I am paying for.

This could have been avoided on any number of levels, the least obtrusive of which could have been simply offering a rollaway bed. Instead it has become an ordeal which has left me thoroughly irritated. I spend nearly a hundred nights per year in hotels, including 25-30 nights in Medford. As such, I need to be careful of costs and sometimes use an online booking engine, that said, if a property accepts a reservation, they STILL have the obligation to provide customer service, rather than ambivalence, which is what I feel I experienced. I requested a customer service comment card from the front desk when I went down a second time; I was told that there was one in my room...there wasn't. I should have been handed one immediately upon request.

This could have been a great opportunity to demonstrate a customer service mentality and potentially gain repeat business. Instead, it was an abject failure, and I am stuck here since the stay was pre-paid. As a former hospitality professional, I know exactly how this COULD have been handled, yet wasn't...

Hard to describe the actual facilities when feeling this way, other than to say that they seem adequate.

Room Tip: If you choose to book here, do NOT do so through an online booking engine...In my experience it enti...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BJoelG
Natalie R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Medford, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear guest,

I am grievously sorry to hear about your stressful stay here at our Candlewood Suites. I have discussed this situation with McKenzie and have gone over the ways this could have been handled better. I would like to apologize about the comment card confusion, as we have recently removed them from all guest rooms to try to encourage online, paperless, social reviews like here on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your feedback in this manner. This allows us to continuously improve the services we provide. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

I was glad to hear she did explain to you properly in regards of how your reservation was made, and how Hotwire booked you for a room to accommodate 2 people, which is the standard occupancy for a Standard Queen Studio. A room with 2 beds is more expensive, so she was simply following procedure, and I will stand behind her on this. The easiest solution therefore would have been to move rooms, to which you declined for the first night, but requested to move the second night. When moving rooms we do not require our guests to vacate the room in the morning. You could have received your new keys and moved when it was convenient for you. We know how much freedom and no pressure traveling means to our guests, and would never have expected this of you. If in any way you were made feel unwelcome we apologize sincerely and will strive to better ourselves.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next trip to Medford. By calling us directly we can ensure you get exactly what you want, and can avoid any third party misunderstanding.

Natalie R.
General Manager.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel provided a comfortable stay and the rooms were very clean-- I was amazed by the great customer service I needed some extra pillows and the staff was very prompt on making sure I received what I needed

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mani G
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I find that Candlewood's close proximity to the airport, nice sized rooms/suites and nicely appointed kitchens are something to look forward to, when I spend time in Medford. I also appreciate that Natalie and her front desk stall are always friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank richard s
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I and my wife were pleasantly suprised with our stay.The room was clean,as well as comfortable,the staff was more than pleasant and helpful,in in every aspect of our stay.I cooked myself a steak dinner in my room. That does not happen in most Hotel's . The outside was clean,we went down and got movie's to watch.Butter popcorn waiting in the microwave.A full refrigerator in the room,a stove in the room.All's I can say I'm just happy here.A very personable staff,wanting to make me happy,the stay here was verywell worth it...:}

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites near Medford Airport on my way from Crater Lake to California. The hotel offers the same services as other Candlewood Suites hotels. The room has a kitchenette and there's a free self laundry facility, which I used. Unfortunately, there is no breakfast, but since I had the kitchenette, it was not a problem to buy a few supplies and eat breakfast in the room before checking out.
The airport is not busy at night, so the room was quiet, and I slept well.
The hotel staff was helpful and directed me to the closest supermarket, where I got food for diner and breakfast.
The location can be a bit problematic for those coming from crater lake. It is not near the road with which I came from Crater Lake. However, it was not difficult to find.
Overall, a positive stay experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dhz_tlv
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Was in town for only a night and was actually kind of sad that I couldn't stay another night! The room was spotless, chair and bed comfy! Amazing guest service from McKenzie when I checked in. I was exhausted and she just got me checked in quickly and made sure I was taken care of. My only issue was the shower head. The water came out like pins and it wasn't my favorite but everything else was awesome!! I will definitely stay here next time I am in town!!! Thank you!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 300...end of the hall with no one on one side of me so it was very quiet!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business