“GREAT LOCATION + HOTEL”

Candlewood Suites Medford
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed overnite because of weather conditions, & had early flight on 1/22/13, booked online & requested got the free shuttle/taxi for the 3 minute ride to RVIA.....nice location & also the price was the best in the area, overall grade for everything A+ for what I needed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pekemartin

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Decided to do a park and fly as weather had been very foggy and did not want to risk missing a flight due to freeway commute from our home which is 50 minutes from airport.

The good: located directly across from the airport and a reasonable price considering we were not paying to park car. Nice kitchen if you need to cook.

The bad: requested a king and was given a queen which seemed like a double. Carpets in the entire facility are very worn and dirty. Actually everything in room was worn and cheap. Room was very hot and no method to cool it off. Work being done in hallways and sawdust everywhere, even at 9pm when we checked in.

Shuttle to airport was fine but pickup was not acceptable. We called as soon as we landed for pickup and had our bags with us. Went to specified pickup destination to be told by driver he already had a delivery and would be back. We waited 40 minutes in 32 degree weather, we could have walked across the street and got our car.

WE WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Medford, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Thoop8,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found our location commendable. However, we are sorry to read that you received room accommodations and pick up service which was less than satisfactory. I also apologize for the inconvenience due to the renovations. We highly value your views and feedback, as this allows us to constantly improve the services we provide. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Let me start with the good . . . : Staff was very nice. Now the rest of it: Place is SEVERLY over priced, not well kept, uncomfortable, inconvenient to food and other necessities, the door locks don't work right (the mechanical part, not the electronic part), and I couldn't get any hot water for a shower. I would expect FAR better from a Mariott property! I won't be going back. This place is a DUMP.

Room Tip: To get a good room, go to another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Medford, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear nonyer b,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for the staff. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Rest assured that all your comments will be looked into and actions will be taken accordingly. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here during our last night of vacation because of its proximity to the Medford Airport. For that purpose, the location cannot be beat. You are less than five minutes from the terminal. The hotel itself is a standard chain hotel with all of the usual amenities. Our room was nice, with a small kitchen. The employees were friendly and efficient. You are a short driving distance from restaurants, shops and the movies. We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for standard accommodations at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have stayed here once before. Very pet friendly. When we checked in, our reservation was incorrect but the front desk clerk quickly corrected it. I decided to check our room out before unloading the car and found the room to be completely unacceptable. The couch had many huge stains all over (icky!) and the recliner looked like someone's pet shredded it top to bottom. We went back to the front desk and the clerk was highly apologetic and quickly assigned us another room. The second room had stains on the couch cushions also, so my husband just flipped them over and they were like brand new. We found we only had 3 forks & 3 spoons and the room is set up for 4, we needed 4 or would have to share. The front desk clerk quickly found me extra's, as well as a remote for the bedroom tv which was missing, and also genrously provided us with extra towels and pillows. She generously gave us a discount for our troubles. I have to commend the staff at this hotel as they are so nice and personable, especially Mackenzie. Mackenzie made our stay wonderful. On site is a little store very well stocked. The kitchenette was large with a full size refrig w/ice maker and large storage pantry. Large table great for eating, playing games, etc. The internet worked great for us without interuption. Nice to have a 2 room suite with 2 separate flat screen tvs and separate digital thermostats. We enjoyed our stay, found the room to be comfortable and well layed out. The elevator was conveniently located, as were indoor carpeted stairs at each end.
Once again I would like to mention Mackenzie at the front desk. She is a gem as an emplyee.
***I would suggest the hotel manger does a quality check room-to-room to keep things maintained. We had light bulbs out, cracked toilet lid, etc that we were not going to bother Mackenzie with, but the initial shock of our first room would have been avoided.
We did enjoy our stays here, and we will return despite the little snags we ran into. I do recommend this hotel as a great place to stay, and big thank you's to the staff.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 7, 2012

From the moment we walked in, everyone was very nice. We were stopping over for one night only.
That night my wife didn`t feel well, and we had to call 911 (with the precious help of the night audit lady) and spend the night in the hospital. Consequently we had to extend our stay for one more night. Such an infortunate could not have happened in a better hotel. Coming back from the hospital, even tought it wasn`t their fault, the front desk agent didn`t even hesitate when I asked to move rooms, because the previous room was dirty (of vomit). She just did it and wished my wife gets better.

I regret that I didn`t make note of their names, but at that moment I was more worried about my wife. I would like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for them.

I strongly recommend this hotel !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller_Whistler
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Room was very nice. Small but had a kitchen. Did not know that we wouldnt have daily maid service. Following tips from review, got room on west side and 3 floor. Enjoyed the view and sunset over the mountains.No noise from airport. Front Desk staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: no daily maid service.more of an extended stay location
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple