“Excellent Food & Service - I thought I was back in the SF Bay Area”
Review of Cafe Dejeuner

Cafe Dejeuner
Ranked #25 of 301 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Medford, OR
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food & Service - I thought I was back in the SF Bay Area”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I've had dinner at Cafe Dejeuner three times in the past few months, and it never disappoints. This is one of the few restaurants in Medford that reminds me of the great restaurants of the SF Bay area. The location is formerly a house that has been converted to a restaurant. There are several different small rooms that make the feeling more intimate. There is also a large outdoor eating area, covered from the elements, and very comfortable.

My favorite dinner meal is their excellent Coq au Vin - done in the classic style, chicken slow cooked in red wine & vegetables that is to die for. I've also had a rack of lamb with a fig glaze that was excellent. Their house salad is really good as well.

I was pleased to find an excellent half-bottle of RoxyAnn Claret. I always appreciate when restaurants offer a few good half bottles for those of us who can't handle a full bottle. The all Oregon wine list has some very nice selections.

Overall, an excellent choice for dinner in Medford. I haven't tried them for lunch, but since "Dejeuner" means lunch in French, I assume they specialize in lunches. I'll have to go back soon to try it.

1 Thank So-OR-diner

Big Bear City, California
“A very nice little surprise!”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Ate here for lunch on a weekday. The place is small but has a very nice atmosphere. The menu was varied enough to satisfy everyone. Very tasty and lovely service. I would definately go back!

Salt Lake City, UT
“Awesome!”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Small, intimate setting, excellent, innovative cuisine. Limited wine list by the glass. Excellent serrvice. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Gold Beach, OR
“One of our Favorites”
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We ate here August 15 and had a wonderful dinner. We sat out on the patio as the evening was very comfortable that night. We couldn't have asked for better service and the food was cooked to perfection. We will definitely be going back.

1 Thank OrSunshine
San Francisco, California
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Great food, can't believe I haven't discovered it before. Seems to be frequented by the 50+ couple crowd, but don't let that stop you. Definitely check it out, you will love the food!