“nice, clean and quiet”

Rodeway Inn Medford
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed October 29, 2009

This hotel is your typical hotel. Rooms were just updated. Very quiet. Great breakfast in the morning with fresh waffles. Great value.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Medford

Reviewed October 27, 2009

This hotel is several miles off I-5 in a depressed/depressing area of Medford, but it stands out from the other motels in the neighborhood - clean, freshly painted and updated rooms, quiet at night, TV, WiFi, etc. The service was excellent and the host gave good recommendations for dinner places. The free breakfast was only so-so, the coffee better at the Dutch Bros. stand across the street. As a single woman, I felt safe there and walking to the restaurants. If all you need is a clean, warm, cozy room to sleep in as you're traveling up or down I-5, and you don't want to spend much money, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This place was nicely remodeled and we had a refrigerator and microwave in our room. For what we paid and what we got it was a 5 star deal. It was very clean and the free wireless internet had excellent signal strength. We also enjoyed the free continental breakfast. Even though it's rated a 1 star motel, because of the remodeling when you're in your room you feel like you're in a 3 star place. Be careful when following your GPS to go there because they changed the freeway exits due to construction right before we got there and the GPS got all confused.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I was traveling down I5 from north of Seattle to near Sacramento and needed a place to stay part way. I checked out the reviews of Medford area hotels/motels on TripAdvisor and saw the good ratings for this motel and decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed in any way.

My first impression when pulling in was the spotlessly clean, newly blacktopped parking lot. It is all enclosed by the units except for the driveway and appeared to be safe with all vehicles needing to go past the main office. This was important as I am a woman and was traveling alone, as well as I had some things of value in my vehicle that I did not want to have to unload into my room for the night.

The front desk staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. My room was sparkling clean and had amenities that one expects at higher end hotels. The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet. The air conditioner dealt efficiently with the 100 degree weather outside. The free wireless internet connection was strong and fast.

I would highly recommend this motel to anyone needing a place to stay in Medford.

Reviewed September 19, 2009

If you're looking for a cheap place to stay just off I-5 then this isn't a bad choice. It was pretty much what I was expecting at this price point which is to say nothing fancy but it was clean and quiet and that's what really matters to me.

Check in was very easy and the woman at the desk was helpful. Breakfast was a bonus with waffles, cereal, pastries, toast etc. and makes this an ever better value. The shower was nice and high and had good pressure. The bed was just fine as well. The WiFi was surprisingly fast. All in all a good value and I'd probably stay here again in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2009

I stayed here for one night on my way home from a road trip to Southern California. The check-in clerk was very friendly and efficient. The room was nice, comfortable and spacious. It had free wireless Internet service, a microwave and a refrigerator. The property is single story with a wrap-around carport, which is a very nice feature that I haven't encountered before.

There is a complimentary continental breakfast with service beginning at 6 am; however, I checked out at 5:30 so I can't speak to its quality.

Reviewed September 8, 2009

I stayed here for five nights while in Medford to attend a friend's wedding. This property offered me all of my usual requirements: clean room, comfortable bed, not overly spacious but adequate, complimentary breakfast (while not gourmet by any means, acceptable), good water pressure, friendly staff, free parking, well lit. The entire property has been recently renovated and updated, so it's very very nice despite it's mid-century architecture. I'd stay here again were I ever in need of a place while in Medford. They have a really reasonable senior citizen room rate which generally matches the interline rate.