“A wonderful place to get a good night's rest!”

Rodeway Inn Medford
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Medford
North of Seattle
“A wonderful place to get a good night's rest!”
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I was traveling down I5 from north of Seattle to near Sacramento and needed a place to stay part way. I checked out the reviews of Medford area hotels/motels on TripAdvisor and saw the good ratings for this motel and decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed in any way.

My first impression when pulling in was the spotlessly clean, newly blacktopped parking lot. It is all enclosed by the units except for the driveway and appeared to be safe with all vehicles needing to go past the main office. This was important as I am a woman and was traveling alone, as well as I had some things of value in my vehicle that I did not want to have to unload into my room for the night.

The front desk staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. My room was sparkling clean and had amenities that one expects at higher end hotels. The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet. The air conditioner dealt efficiently with the 100 degree weather outside. The free wireless internet connection was strong and fast.

I would highly recommend this motel to anyone needing a place to stay in Medford.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
On the move in Europe
Reviewed September 19, 2009

If you're looking for a cheap place to stay just off I-5 then this isn't a bad choice. It was pretty much what I was expecting at this price point which is to say nothing fancy but it was clean and quiet and that's what really matters to me.

Check in was very easy and the woman at the desk was helpful. Breakfast was a bonus with waffles, cereal, pastries, toast etc. and makes this an ever better value. The shower was nice and high and had good pressure. The bed was just fine as well. The WiFi was surprisingly fast. All in all a good value and I'd probably stay here again in the future.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I stayed here for one night on my way home from a road trip to Southern California. The check-in clerk was very friendly and efficient. The room was nice, comfortable and spacious. It had free wireless Internet service, a microwave and a refrigerator. The property is single story with a wrap-around carport, which is a very nice feature that I haven't encountered before.

There is a complimentary continental breakfast with service beginning at 6 am; however, I checked out at 5:30 so I can't speak to its quality.

Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I stayed here for five nights while in Medford to attend a friend's wedding. This property offered me all of my usual requirements: clean room, comfortable bed, not overly spacious but adequate, complimentary breakfast (while not gourmet by any means, acceptable), good water pressure, friendly staff, free parking, well lit. The entire property has been recently renovated and updated, so it's very very nice despite it's mid-century architecture. I'd stay here again were I ever in need of a place while in Medford. They have a really reasonable senior citizen room rate which generally matches the interline rate.

Sussex, England
Reviewed September 4, 2009

On the surface, this looks like a classic roadside motel with big awnings for your car outside each room (plus plenty of extra parking for taller vehicles) and a front office, reception.

Inside the room was charming, well furnished, very clean and nicely organised. Add to this excellent speed + strength Wi-Fi, guest laundry, super helpful staff and a good location in town but without traffic noise and you get a great quality, good value stay. Definite recommendation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
oregon coast
Reviewed August 24, 2009

On arrival the clerk saw my dog. No dogs allowed- even though the chain claims to be pet friendly. Since I had made my reservation and paid online I was stuck. The dog stayed in the car.
Wifi was down the second day.
The room was fine. Location is nothing special. The only good thing was the moderate cost. Breakfast buffet was "make your own" waffles and the usual cereals, bread, etc.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Gold Beach, OR
Reviewed August 20, 2009

The Rodeway is an older motel but has been redone and is very nice. It reminded me of places I stayed in with my parents years ago. If you are looking for something totally modern looking then this isn't for you. We were very happy with our stay and would recommended it to anyone. The breakfast is simple but we aren't big breakfast eaters so it was fine by us. Everyone was very friendly and check-in and check-out was quick and easy. Don't be afraid to give this one a try.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business