“Bright decor, attentive service and good food will bring us back!”
Review of Larks

Larks
Reserve with OpenTable
Larks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 306 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We tried the newly opened location for Larks in Medford for lunch and were not disappointed. I had the seasonal Crab Louis made with Dungeoness Crab, shredded lettuce and a lemon aioli. The crab was plentiful and delicious, though I wish it had been served with a roll on the side. My dining companion had fish and chips. The cod had a tempura-like coating and was delicious but the fries were a bit soggy, as if they had been sitting a bit too long under the heat lamp. Nevertheless, there were several items on the menu that piqued our interest and made selecting our entrees difficult and enticed us to come back.

Prices were mid-ranged, $14 each for our lunches though the range on the menu was $11-18. Presumably there is an equally interesting and more extensive (and perhaps expensive) dinner menu.

We glanced over the Happy Hour menu and will likely come back for that in the nice bar area near a gas fireplace.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

My wife and I wanted to try something new in town so we thought we'd give it a shot. They had ok service, atmosphere is still horrible, and the food is way over priced. my biggest disappointment was the food. My wife did not even eat her dinner since they messed up a common and easy Italia dish and I ate my over cooked steel head with skin cooked facing up, which turned it into cardboard, in a SOUP of sweet tasting mashed potatoes. I have no idea what the chef was thinking when he made this menu. Disgusting. Yes, I still payed for our meal and took my wife to another place since I felt bad for her on our anniversary. will never go back.

1  Thank Brandon A
Reviewed April 5, 2014

A friend of mine took me here recently for lunch. I chose the Caesar salad with chicken and I can't say it was anything I would order again. The chicken tasted like it had been cooked the day before and the dressing was rather bland. My friend ordered the crab Louis and loved every last bite of it. Our server was wonderful and prompt at getting our order and bringing our food to us. I did however have something floating in my water. The ambience is really lovely and the menu is nice. Wished there were some more healthier items on the menu however. I will definitely be trying Larks again in the future for dinner.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

What a great bar area. A place to relax and chat with friends.

The food in the restaurant was fresh local grown vegetables cooked and served to perfection. This local foods including the meat dishes is worth the dining experience. I will look forward to my return.

Service was outstanding with knowledgeable staff, The wine list was a great surprise with some excellent surprises.

Take the time and enjoy.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

After seeing this old property as the Red Lion, I was very surprised by how nice they've made Larks. The retro-modern theme is pulled off very well in a stylish and fun way without being tacky. Huge improvement. I went for lunch, and for the ambiance and quality/portions of the food, the prices were great. The burger was absolutely delicious, and the remoulade was mouth watering. My only complaint about the food was the french fries. Not terrible, but not the best. The service was good, as well. I feel like they're trying a little too hard, but I respect that they're making an effort to be "fancy." All in all, I'd definitely return to Larks for a nice lunch. The dinner menu is a little odd and high priced, but the lunch is very reasonable and delicious.

Been to Larks? Share your experiences!