“smelled like FISH”

Super 8 Central PT Medford
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed May 28, 2007

This hotel room smelled like fish. Gross, gross, gross. Do not stay here if you are sensitive to smells. Other than that, it was totally fine.

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank student85
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Central PT Medford

Reviewed May 4, 2007

The hotel is terrible! The 80 foot pool slide and low rates may draw you in but beware. Their 80 foot pool slide is rented out for pool parties, so you and your kids will not be able to enjoy it. With these pool parties comes kids running up hall ways and slamming doors all night. The hotel manager was rude to me when asked if he could do something about the unsupervised kids. I asked if we could be moved to a different room and he acted like there were no available rooms to be moved to and then said this was a hotel, "what did I expect". What I expected was a restful nights sleep before my plane trip the next morning.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank ORAK
Reviewed December 30, 2006

Rude Staff. Doesn't know Proper Policy to tell customers so they give Multiple Stories when asked, and accuse the customer of lying.

And LOCALS!!! Don't be fooled by their Pool and Slide!!! IT ISN'T WORTH IT!!! They charged US for Rooms and for Using their Pool!!! Not very honest of them either.

And the Freight Train Noise that runs thru the Room 207 side of Building every 20-30 minutes?? Really makes it hard to sleep.

Pillows are uncomfortable. In room Fridge is noisy. Honestly, I don't know how this place stays in business.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Heynow1969
Reviewed August 28, 2006

We rolled into Medford at 11pm and needed a place to stay for myself, my wife, our 17 month old, and my wife's brother and mother -- 4 adults and a baby.

I had borrowed a Cingluar PC card from a friend for this trip and so I was able to look up hotels and TripAdvisor reviews and call around while we were headed up I-5. We were looking for adequate but affordable, and my mother-in-law wanted to be able to take a morning swim if possible.

The Super 8 ended up beign perfect for us. The room had two Queens along with a couch and two 27" TV's. We had a pack-and-play for our baby that fit between the two Queens, my wife and I took one Queen, my mother-in-law the other, and my brother-in-law took the couch and watched close captioned tv so we could sleep. Couldn't have worked out better.

In the morning the continental breakfast was pretty weak. There is no breakfast area with tables and chairs, and the only thing that was available that morning was some packaged Raisinette patries, orange juice, and coffee.

But the indoor swimming pool with large water slide and adjacent hot tub made up for that and more. The only drawback to the pool was that there wasn't a good place to swim laps since you had to avoid the water slide exit point.

We paid $104 plus tax. There were a couple other places ranked higher on TripAdvisor in the $120's (these are prices to book directly with the hotels on the night of stay, as determined by myself calling each hotel).

Overall we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank occasionaltraveler80
Reviewed July 27, 2006

My family didn't have a reservation when we needed a break on a road trip. It took us an hour to find a hotel with an opening. We received a "spa" room...had a huge tub next to the bed! Odd, but we weren't complaining. Since only singles were available and all roll aways were being used our daughter had to sleep on the floor...fun for a 5 year old. The staff brought lots of blankets and extra towels to our room.

My only complaint was the shower leaked. Our bathroom was a lake after two fast showers. The front desk staff was surpried by this. I found it hard to believe they didn't know the problem existed, since the hotel is new.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Bay area
Reviewed July 4, 2006

It looked very new. Easy to find. Service was good. Has microwave and refrigirator. Would have been nice if they had iron box and hair dryer. Stay was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Bend, OR
Reviewed May 10, 2006

I was very pleased with my stay at this motel. The level of individual attention the staff gave their customers definitely exceeded my expectations. The motel grounds were exceptionally clean. The room I stayed was clean and the housekeepers were efficient. My sister's children especially enjoyed the pool that also has a large water slide. This motel is in a great location just off the freeway and is centrally located to shops and restaurants. This will be where I stay in Medford from now on.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business