“Very impressed”

Super 8 Central PT Medford
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is THE best Super 8 I've been to and have completely changed my perception of the Super 8 brand. I was a little nervous about staying there (priceline name your own price) but upon arrival at 10pm was greeted by especially warm and welcoming staff. They even have a refresher water tank in the lobby. Rooms were comfortable and clean. The view of the distant mountain in the morning was gorgeous. We were on a road trip across the country and this place was quite impressive. Breakfast could have used some variety, but was adequate, easy to take away on your way out

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Super8MFRCP, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We take all comments and suggestions very seriously. Please know we are in the process of expanding our breakfast to include a larger variety of items.

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Super 8

Reviewed August 4, 2011

LOVED everything about this place. As we were driving up I told my husband he had the wrong address, because this place looked like a 5 star from the outside. It got better inside. They were in the middle of painting so it looked and smelled fresh. The water slide was the highlight of our stay. The kids loved it and had a blast. The room was clean and quiet and the breakfast was better than we expected. Hot oatmeal, fresh fruit and great coffee and tea selections. We were seated in an adjoining dining room with a large screen TV and comfy sofas. The staff was incredible. They restocked everything in minutes and very polite as can be. We will definitely be back. Thanks

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, as general manager, ensuring each and every guest has an outstanding stay is absolutely crucial and I am glad we were able to provide that for you!

Look forward to having you stay with us again,

Super 8 Central Point
541-664-5888

Reviewed July 30, 2011

The only star I am giving is for the friendly front desk and staff. The coin laundry was nice to have for backpackers. The hotel appeared to be OK clean overall.

We stayed here for 3 nights (unfortunately prepaid so we couldn't leave) and I believe that was enough experience to write a fair review about this place.

First of all, the sound insulation was very very very poor. We could hear footsteps from upstairs and loud conversations next door either at midnight or 6 in the morning.

Secondly, if you bring kids there, good for you and they will have fun all day long in the slider pool. For the rest, be warned because you would not be able to use the pool at all until 10:15 PM. The pool water already became greenish and so gross by then. It was ridiculous that this motel offer a $2/hour slider for other non-hotel guests. Expect to see 15+ kids lining up on the slider in a small pool.

Last but not least, pets allowed! That means be prepared to hear some dog barking very early in the morning or late at night, especially through those very thin walls.

Their breakfast was OK with some fresh fruits and cheap muffins. However they did not restock anything in the last half an hour. So be there early.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SDCA2011
Super8MFRCP, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review.

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. Please know we are working on expanding our breakfast to include a larger variety of items and waiting on product to come in to make changes to our rooms. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at [--].

Super 8 Inn and Suites

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed here once before and because it has an indoor waterslide/pool we stayed here again. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean and overall the hotel was quite. Due to the fact that the waterslide attracts many families they do have a designated "adult swim time" in the evenings. There is also a hot tub. The price was fair for a king bed with micro/fridge and they offer small breakfast items each day. Since we only stayed one night it was great for us.

Room Tip: King room was same price as Queen
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property! I am glad you were able to use the pool and hot tub during our adult swim time.

Super 8 Inn and Suites
4999 Biddle Road
Central Point, OR 97502
[--]

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Actually stayed in May, 2010. Picked this hotel for the great slide which the kids loved. The room did not match the fancy lobby area, maybe they've remodeled those by now. The breakfast was a choice of fruit and packaged muffins. Our hide-a-bed was broken and when we reported it was told that 'they all were.' Easy to find. Food and gas nearby.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Super8MFRCP, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Please know we have received all new sofa beds that are in full working order and we are working diligently on expanding our breakfast.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 5416645888.

Sincerely, Amanda Criswell General Manager Super 8

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed here with my daughter for two nights, getting an incredible room rate of forty-three dollars per night through Hotwire. My expectations were that we would receive a clean room with basic services. We received that with a couple caveats.

Our room was on the 3rd floor facing East. Morning sun streamed past the darkening shades, so if you stay here the 'best room' I could imagine would be on the West side of the building, farthest from the pool, which would be the SE corner. Going up in the elevator there was a funky stink 'in' the elevator. I believe the property only has 1 lift, so that could explain it, but the carpet in the elevator was filthy, so that gets my vote as the source. Hall carpet masked the dirt well, but again, a hint of that ick odor went into the hall as we got off of it and made our way to our room.

Once inside the carpet (a dark, avocado green) showed stains. I immediately knew I'd be wearing my socks or some shoes at all times in the room! The scent of the room wasn't bad, but it was stuffy. I opened the window and the road noise was substantial. Luckily with the window closed and the A/C on, we heard none of it.

Basic appliances: coffee maker (1 cup at a time with two coffee inserts; decaf and regular - so no more than two cups total), a fridge (good sized) and microwave (small, but functional), were to the right as we entered the room. An older CRT style TV (not an LCD or plasma) - about a 27" , was on a dresser with a mirror over it. We had a two double bed room which also had a small desk. Overall, furnishings were functional but dated. In the bathroom was a hair dryer.

The shower ... an unexplained mystery which meant a bath the first morning and then a chat with the front desk. Apparently at check-in they are to explain how to turn on the shower to you - we didn't get the info and ended up 'irked' until it was explained to us the next morning. There is a ring right at the spot where the water comes out of the tub faucet. You are to pull it down and hold it until the shower comes on. Once we knew this... all went well. Maybe it's a common fixture to some, but I've never seen one until now.

The breakfast... it's not really a breakfast, but you can get a snack of oatmeal, muffins and fruit to tide you over. There's also tea and coffee available all the time in the same area, which was nice. No seating... so you'd best plan to take whatever you scavenge to your room or the parking lot to eat it.

The pool... cool slide, but in the summer, very busy with lots of kids. No relaxing really, but fun for them. I'm sure it's a hit year-round and they have a lifeguard on duty from 9am until 10pm (at least in the summer).

Things that I'd love to see improved: the carpet cleaning and overall 'freshness' in the elevator, hallway and rooms, the pillows (hard as rocks...) and updating of the rooms to include LCD TV's, newer phones and adding an extra blanket or two in each room.

The sound proofing (thin walls) could also be improved upon - our neighbors the first night had their TV on loudly from 10pm until 4:30am, but it still didn't cover up their marathon love making session - try and explain that one to a 13 year old who just wants to sleep! Anyway, that's more of a dream and wish versus a likely reality in terms of 'upgrades'.

This brings me back to the price I paid and the location. It's actually closest to the city of Central Point and freeway entrances. A truck stop and the Jackson County Expo is less than a mile away, making it a perfect location for those in need of a cheap place to crash for the night during a long trip north or south, or for those out of towners who are attending the county fair in July.

But it's not perfect for those who hope for a little more for their money - even at a 2-star motel with free wi-fi and parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor, West side of the building, away from the pool and check in early fo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

As General Manager, it is my duty to ensure each and every guest has a relaxing stay. Please know the issues you brought up will be addressed.

Amanda Criswell, General Manager Super 8

Reviewed July 13, 2011

The slide and pool were the main reasons we selected this hotel. We were in town for a softball tournament, but wanted to keep son happy too. We were so glad we did. Even us parents got in on the slide and had a blast. The room was comfortable and clean and everything worked. It was less expensive than other recent stays, so were very pleased. The staff was VERY friendly, lots of smiles, which was great! The elevator was on the slow side, but you could always consider a first floor room. We had a great view of "Mt. Pitt" from the east side! Gorgeous.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Super8MFRCP, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!

Again, thank you for reviewing the Super 8 of Central Point, we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Amanda Criswell,