“not sure about returning”

Super 8 Central PT Medford
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Actually stayed in May, 2010. Picked this hotel for the great slide which the kids loved. The room did not match the fancy lobby area, maybe they've remodeled those by now. The breakfast was a choice of fruit and packaged muffins. Our hide-a-bed was broken and when we reported it was told that 'they all were.' Easy to find. Food and gas nearby.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Super8MFRCP, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Please know we have received all new sofa beds that are in full working order and we are working diligently on expanding our breakfast.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 5416645888.

Sincerely, Amanda Criswell General Manager Super 8

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed here with my daughter for two nights, getting an incredible room rate of forty-three dollars per night through Hotwire. My expectations were that we would receive a clean room with basic services. We received that with a couple caveats.

Our room was on the 3rd floor facing East. Morning sun streamed past the darkening shades, so if you stay here the 'best room' I could imagine would be on the West side of the building, farthest from the pool, which would be the SE corner. Going up in the elevator there was a funky stink 'in' the elevator. I believe the property only has 1 lift, so that could explain it, but the carpet in the elevator was filthy, so that gets my vote as the source. Hall carpet masked the dirt well, but again, a hint of that ick odor went into the hall as we got off of it and made our way to our room.

Once inside the carpet (a dark, avocado green) showed stains. I immediately knew I'd be wearing my socks or some shoes at all times in the room! The scent of the room wasn't bad, but it was stuffy. I opened the window and the road noise was substantial. Luckily with the window closed and the A/C on, we heard none of it.

Basic appliances: coffee maker (1 cup at a time with two coffee inserts; decaf and regular - so no more than two cups total), a fridge (good sized) and microwave (small, but functional), were to the right as we entered the room. An older CRT style TV (not an LCD or plasma) - about a 27" , was on a dresser with a mirror over it. We had a two double bed room which also had a small desk. Overall, furnishings were functional but dated. In the bathroom was a hair dryer.

The shower ... an unexplained mystery which meant a bath the first morning and then a chat with the front desk. Apparently at check-in they are to explain how to turn on the shower to you - we didn't get the info and ended up 'irked' until it was explained to us the next morning. There is a ring right at the spot where the water comes out of the tub faucet. You are to pull it down and hold it until the shower comes on. Once we knew this... all went well. Maybe it's a common fixture to some, but I've never seen one until now.

The breakfast... it's not really a breakfast, but you can get a snack of oatmeal, muffins and fruit to tide you over. There's also tea and coffee available all the time in the same area, which was nice. No seating... so you'd best plan to take whatever you scavenge to your room or the parking lot to eat it.

The pool... cool slide, but in the summer, very busy with lots of kids. No relaxing really, but fun for them. I'm sure it's a hit year-round and they have a lifeguard on duty from 9am until 10pm (at least in the summer).

Things that I'd love to see improved: the carpet cleaning and overall 'freshness' in the elevator, hallway and rooms, the pillows (hard as rocks...) and updating of the rooms to include LCD TV's, newer phones and adding an extra blanket or two in each room.

The sound proofing (thin walls) could also be improved upon - our neighbors the first night had their TV on loudly from 10pm until 4:30am, but it still didn't cover up their marathon love making session - try and explain that one to a 13 year old who just wants to sleep! Anyway, that's more of a dream and wish versus a likely reality in terms of 'upgrades'.

This brings me back to the price I paid and the location. It's actually closest to the city of Central Point and freeway entrances. A truck stop and the Jackson County Expo is less than a mile away, making it a perfect location for those in need of a cheap place to crash for the night during a long trip north or south, or for those out of towners who are attending the county fair in July.

But it's not perfect for those who hope for a little more for their money - even at a 2-star motel with free wi-fi and parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor, West side of the building, away from the pool and check in early fo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

As General Manager, it is my duty to ensure each and every guest has a relaxing stay. Please know the issues you brought up will be addressed.

Amanda Criswell, General Manager Super 8

Reviewed July 13, 2011

The slide and pool were the main reasons we selected this hotel. We were in town for a softball tournament, but wanted to keep son happy too. We were so glad we did. Even us parents got in on the slide and had a blast. The room was comfortable and clean and everything worked. It was less expensive than other recent stays, so were very pleased. The staff was VERY friendly, lots of smiles, which was great! The elevator was on the slow side, but you could always consider a first floor room. We had a great view of "Mt. Pitt" from the east side! Gorgeous.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Super8MFRCP, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!

Again, thank you for reviewing the Super 8 of Central Point, we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Amanda Criswell,

Reviewed June 21, 2011

I was a little nervous about staying at Super 8, partly due to it being a true budget hotel and also a couple reviews. My family and I travel A LOT....and I must say......I found everything to be above average. The grounds, lobby, pool area, and room were all very clean. The pool was a blast for the children, as they have a swirly slide with lifeguard on duty. The front desk staff were all professionally dressed and very kind. The housekeeping staff acknowledged us with a cheery smile and was also professionally dressed. The room is somewhat small (but not too small), but it was clean, nicely furnished and met our needs. The microwave and mini fridge was a nice addition. I was impressed with the well maintained grounds, with flowers, bark chips and clean parking lot. The breakfast is very continental but adequate....coffee, tea, hot cocoa, juice, muffins, granola bars, and instant oatmeal. It also had fresh apples, oranges and bananas. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Stunger3
Super8MFRCP, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor, your input is truly appreciated! As the General Manager I take great pride in this property and my staff and it is great to get feedback such as this.

Thank you again and we look forward to being your home away from home in your future visits.

Amanda Criswell
Super 8

Reviewed March 24, 2011

I have to admit, the stay was good. The room was clean, a little cramped(we got a suite- still cramped) it was in a nice quiet location-slept well and the staff were friendly and helpful. Have small kids who LOVED the slide!!! The breakfast consists of granola bars, and the kind of breakfast danishes you can buy at a gas station for .50 cents. Oh, but you get fresh fruit! wow. But-All in all We enjoyed our stay. UNTIL I GOT HOME AND WENT OVER MY CREDIT CARD STATEMENT!!! They charged an additional $25 onto my stay!! When I called about it, they said the cleaning staff took over an hour to clean our room! I was shocked. The room was NOT in any sense excessively dirty!! I even picked up little scraps of candy wrappers te kids left and put them in the trash can before I left the room!! They would not refund my $$. What a RIPOFF!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MyOpynyn
Super8MFRCP, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate all feedback to provide the best possible service to our guests. As of April 1, 2011, the Super 8 Medford/Central Point has gone through a management change and as the new General Manager at this property I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of being charged for additional cleaning. I can assure you this is not a matter that will be taken lightly.

I am glad you enjoyed the use of the slide and hope you will come back and stay with us again next time you are in the area. We have exciting new changes coming; I invite you to bring your family back to enjoy a fun and relaxing stay.

Thank you again and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2010

The room was so small that when you first walked in you will bump into furniture, Ouch my shoulder. Very noisy, even though not to many guests, it seems they put everone right next to each other. The walls were paper thin, you could litterly hear everything going on next door .The bed was like sleeping on rocks, most uncomfortable bed ever slept on in a hotel. Motel 6 has better beds. Needless to say I did not get very much sleep!!! I had a long drive ahead of me the next day, I was not a happy camper!!! They said they had a full breakfast, kids cearel, cold bagels, coffee tea & orange juice not my idea of a full breakfast!!! The reason I stayed and paid a little extra was for the breakfast. When I arrived the clerk said I could pay cash but she just needed my credit card in case of damages, well she charged it for the full amt. The money was there but the bank held it for several days even though I had paid cash to the hotel, I should have been told of these practices!!! When I checked out I told them about my terrible stay and no apology was offered, i asked to speak to the manager and she said they don't take complaints. Hello... I will not return nor reccomend it.!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo

I apologize for the experience you had during your stay with us. As of April 1, 2011 this property has gone through a management change and as the new General Manager I take great care in ensuring every guest has an enjoyable stay. I invite you to contact me directly - Amanda Criswell at adcriswell@gmail.com or calling the hotel at 541-664-5888 so I can resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your review of the Super 8 Medford/Central Point and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

I had trepidations about staying at a Super 8 facility, but this was a real jewel. The staff couldn't be nicer. The room was spotless. The room (on the third floor) was quiet - even on a busy summer weekend. It is a newer facility and is far enough from the I-5 freeway to avoid freeway noise. Evern the parking lot was clean. Extremely good value in this day and age.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, all the staff here at Super 8 is dedicated to guest service and ensuring a great time is had by all.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Medford
Ramada Medford Hotel and Conference Center
Inn at the Commons
Inn at the Commons
#7 of 35 in Medford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Central Point - Medford

Been to Super 8 Central PT Medford? Share your experiences!