“A place to sleep”

Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Travis AFB
“A place to sleep”
Reviewed October 10, 2007

My husband and I were driving to california and it was getting late so we decided to stop somewhere overnight to get some sleep. we randomly found this super 8 looking for something cheap. It really wasnt that great of a deal, and NOTHING special at all, we would have been better off at some place cheaper.. the bed wasnt terribly uncomfortable though and the room got the job done. we were out the door and back on the road within ten minutes of waking up. The continental breakfast might as well have been non existant, nothing but a couple nutrigrain bars and apples. Dont waste your money.

• Liked — we weren't bothered at all
  • Disliked — the horrible continental breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
swan
Reviewed May 29, 2007

great new motel. the rooms are very clean, as well as the grounds and parking area. the kids loved the pool/slide. staff was very accomidating and new the area well when we had questions.

anytime I'm in or going through medford this will be the place I stay.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank catqb14
santa cruz, ca
Reviewed May 28, 2007

This hotel room smelled like fish. Gross, gross, gross. Do not stay here if you are sensitive to smells. Other than that, it was totally fine.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank student85

Travelers are raving about these Medford hotels

Alaska
Reviewed May 4, 2007

The hotel is terrible! The 80 foot pool slide and low rates may draw you in but beware. Their 80 foot pool slide is rented out for pool parties, so you and your kids will not be able to enjoy it. With these pool parties comes kids running up hall ways and slamming doors all night. The hotel manager was rude to me when asked if he could do something about the unsupervised kids. I asked if we could be moved to a different room and he acted like there were no available rooms to be moved to and then said this was a hotel, "what did I expect". What I expected was a restful nights sleep before my plane trip the next morning.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank ORAK
S.Oregon
Reviewed December 30, 2006

Rude Staff. Doesn't know Proper Policy to tell customers so they give Multiple Stories when asked, and accuse the customer of lying.

And LOCALS!!! Don't be fooled by their Pool and Slide!!! IT ISN'T WORTH IT!!! They charged US for Rooms and for Using their Pool!!! Not very honest of them either.

And the Freight Train Noise that runs thru the Room 207 side of Building every 20-30 minutes?? Really makes it hard to sleep.

Pillows are uncomfortable. In room Fridge is noisy. Honestly, I don't know how this place stays in business.

• Liked — Indoor Pool With Slide
  • Disliked — Everything Else
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at another Hotel
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank Heynow1969
Albany, OR
Reviewed August 28, 2006

We rolled into Medford at 11pm and needed a place to stay for myself, my wife, our 17 month old, and my wife's brother and mother -- 4 adults and a baby.

I had borrowed a Cingluar PC card from a friend for this trip and so I was able to look up hotels and TripAdvisor reviews and call around while we were headed up I-5. We were looking for adequate but affordable, and my mother-in-law wanted to be able to take a morning swim if possible.

The Super 8 ended up beign perfect for us. The room had two Queens along with a couch and two 27" TV's. We had a pack-and-play for our baby that fit between the two Queens, my wife and I took one Queen, my mother-in-law the other, and my brother-in-law took the couch and watched close captioned tv so we could sleep. Couldn't have worked out better.

In the morning the continental breakfast was pretty weak. There is no breakfast area with tables and chairs, and the only thing that was available that morning was some packaged Raisinette patries, orange juice, and coffee.

But the indoor swimming pool with large water slide and adjacent hot tub made up for that and more. The only drawback to the pool was that there wasn't a good place to swim laps since you had to avoid the water slide exit point.

We paid $104 plus tax. There were a couple other places ranked higher on TripAdvisor in the $120's (these are prices to book directly with the hotels on the night of stay, as determined by myself calling each hotel).

Overall we were very satisfied.

• Liked — The water slide
  • Disliked — The almost non-existent continental breakfast
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank occasionaltraveler80
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 27, 2006

My family didn't have a reservation when we needed a break on a road trip. It took us an hour to find a hotel with an opening. We received a "spa" room...had a huge tub next to the bed! Odd, but we weren't complaining. Since only singles were available and all roll aways were being used our daughter had to sleep on the floor...fun for a 5 year old. The staff brought lots of blankets and extra towels to our room.

My only complaint was the shower leaked. Our bathroom was a lake after two fast showers. The front desk staff was surpried by this. I found it hard to believe they didn't know the problem existed, since the hotel is new.

• Liked — New and Clean
  • Disliked — Staff needs more training
  • Tips/Secrets — Dog Friendly