“Overnight for Flight”

Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Brookings, Oregon
“Overnight for Flight”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I often fly out of Medford and live 2 1/2 hours away so this is the perfect place for a quick overnight for the 5:45 to Denver. Rooms are clean, hotel is right next to the airport, but not too noisy. The evening front desk guy was a little snippy, but the lady in the morning was very friendly and helpful. Almost no wait on the shuttle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard Medford Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Paulie H,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Medford Airport and for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. It sounds like you have stayed with us before when flying out of Rogue Valley International Airport. I am glad you find our location clean, quiet, and convenient for your trips. I was, however, disappointed to read about your interaction with our staff. Please know that it has been addressed and I am confident it will not happen again in the future.

Again, we appreciate your feedback, and thank you for allowing us to host you before your trips. If I can be of service in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

J.B. Carney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Recently was going to Crater Lake Nationak Park, was advised there was very few places to stay near park. We decided tostay in Medford and drive to park. We selected the Courtyard and was very much pleased. The rooms were exceptional and the staff was very accomodating. Plenty of places to eat near by and the fact that it was near the airport had no negative effects on our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This Hotel is very close to the airport and an easy walk if you don't want to rent a car. It is also surprisingly quiet for being so close to the airport. Rooms were very clean and staff was courteous. I don't expect much from an airport hotel, so it easy to surpass expectations which this hotel easily did. A good place to stay if airport convenience is important.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard Medford Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Seph B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Medford Airport. It sounds like you had a pleasant stay. Should your travels ever bring you back to the Medford area, please let us know.

Washington
Reviewed July 24, 2013

When we got here, I was disappointed to find that I had mixed up the Marriotts & chosen wrong. I had planned on being on the South side of Medford so was disappointed when it was north.
The hotel itself is clean. We were in a double queen with a pull out couch. Overall we were comfortable, although we did have a hard time getting the room to stay a comfortable temperature with the window AC unit. The pool was small but ok. In room coffee was decent. I was disappointed that there wasn't a breakfast included but if I had chosen correctly we would have had one. The bathroom door was squeekie. In the future, I will be traveling with a small tube of vaseline to fix this all too common problem.
When the in lobby bar closed, our neighbors returned to their room & we soon realized that walls were not sound proofed enough. However, they were loud & drunk so maybe the average traveler would not be so noticeable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sabbysguide,
Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it will help us improve the product and service we offer our future guests. If I can be of service in any other way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Clean, comfortable, nicely laid out rooms with bright decor. Unlike other reviewers I was less than impressed with the front desk staff. It appeared that the praise has gone to their heads. The room mostly made up for their brusque treatment. Windows that open, AC worked, room was spotless and quiet even though close to busy Biddle Road. The little refrigerator even froze our water bottles solid for our trip the next day. The fridge also proved an annoyance as its proximity to the bed allowed its vibration and hum to be clearly heard and felt while trying to sleep.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RainCityGal425
CourtyardMedford, Manager at Courtyard Medford Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
RainCityGal425,

Thank you for your recent review of the Courtyard Medford Airport. I was glad to read you enjoyed your room. Our housekeeping department does a great job in taking care of the hotel. I was, however, dissapointed to read about the impression our front desk staff left on you. At the Courtyard we strive to make sure every guest has a memorable experience, and in this case it sounds like we fell short. The impression you got is not the image we strive for and I would like to make sure we are able to address it immediately. If possible I would like to talk to you in greater detail about your experience, so we can ensure something like this does not happen again in the future. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. In regards to the refrigerator, I will definitely pass this information on to our Engineer so we can look into the situation.

Again, thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact me in regards to these or any other matters. I can be reached by calling the hotel directly at (541) 772-5656.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as our rest stop for exploring the Crater Lake NP. This hotel looks modern, very clean, very new. As with the review before me, I do find this hotel quite like an oasis! We have travelled approximately 7 hours from Port Angeles, WA before getting to the hotel (we visited Olympic NP). The coin laundry was really helpful for us. I'm also glad to be able to get starbucks coffee right in the hotel before my morning drive into the national park. I got the hotel as a three star from PL NYOP medford central point and was really very happy with my lucky find! Crater Lake NP is still about 2 hours drive away but I will recommend this for someone who likes modern comfort, assurance of the marriott brand and yet be reasonably close to a national park.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank maaydaay
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard Medford Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Maaydaay,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Medford Airport. First of all, what an amazing trip. It sounds like you were able to get at least two of the Pacific Northwest most spectacular National Parks in, in one vacation. Crater Lake is definitely a magical place and I am glad we could be a part of that experience. When your on a trip such as yours, I would agree, it is nice to have amenities such as the coin laundry and 24-hour Starbucks service.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again, if you are ever back this way.

Ventura, California
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We've had a great and week-long (budget stay with the family) on the Oregon coast and now are headed down I5 lickety split to get home to SoCal. After a beautiful but long ride down the Oregon section of HWY 101 and transiting the Coastal range AND the Siskiyus, I wanted a little taste of luxury (everything is relative). Marriott Medford Airport is quiet, cool, attractively decorated and the helpful and efficient desk person (thank you, Justin) beat hotels.com rate significantly and before I knew it, I was listening to BBC news on my brand new iPad Mini with their FREE and pretty speedy wifi. Bistro was a welcome, simple and convenient alternative to the gastropubs and fairly expensive (but delicious) food on the Coast. Hotel is adjacent to the airport and my husband was pleased to see a well maintained B-29 on static display as we drove past A/P HQ. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank June L
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard Medford Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
June L,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I must say this is the first time I have heard our hotel described as, “an oasis of serenity and comfort”. Thank you for that. I always like reading when guests have an enjoyable stay. In regards to your specific comments about Justin, I will be sure to share them with him. He will be pleased to hear you mentioned him by name.

Thank you again for your comments. If you are ever back in the Medford area, please let us know.