“Will not stay here again”

Courtyard Medford Airport
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Eugene, Oregon
“Will not stay here again”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff was good, the building not so much. The bathroom fan sounded like it was about to lift off with lots of squeaks and chirps. I came back from dinner to find the entry light had burned out and the breaker in the bathroom had been tripped even though nothing had been plugged in/used. The walls were paper thin and made for a long night of hearing everything next door. The elevator seemed to have some issues and was very slow and not a smooth ride, the carpeted floor in the elevator appeared to need a deep cleaning. I was very disappointed since the building seems relatively new, just poorly constructed. The next time I am in Medford I will find somewhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Paper thin walls, stay somewhere else if you value your sleep.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lief_H
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard Medford Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Lief_H

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Although I was dissapointed to read your comments, your feedback is greatly appreciated, as it assists us in addressing these issues.

First, please accept my sincerest apology. The experience you had at our hotel is not the experience we strive to provide our guest. As the General Manager of this hotel, I take the satisfaction of our guest very seriously. Please know that I will personally look into each these matters and though there are certain things I cannot control, I will do everything in my power to address those I can.

Thank you again for your feedback. If I can be of assistance in any other way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

J.B. Carney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dublin
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The receptionist wanted to know what brought us to Medford and other than as a gateway to Crater Lake, ther really is no reason to stay overnight here.
However if you do, the Courtyard is a realible place to do so.Starbucks provide breakfast in the lobby.The weather was vey good during my stay but this hotel did not have any outdoor space for sitting around enjoying the sunset.Good for a stopover rather than a vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LBJDublin
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard Medford Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
LBJDublin,
Thank you for your recent response on TripAdvisor! It sounds like overall you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I would agree this is a nice stop if you plan to visit Crater Lake, and being able to grab your favorite Starbucks drink on your way out the door is an added perk. I was, however, dissapointed to read that we did not provide you with more information about Medford and the surrounding Rogue Valley. Whether it is award winning vineyards, world class theater, or thrilling white water rafting, Southern Oregon has a lot to offer. Perhaps if we had taken the time to share more information about the local area, you may have gotten a different impression of Sourthern Oregon.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It only helps us improve upon the service we offer our guest. In the future I will make sure we are more proactive in sharing all of the wonderful activities this area has to offer.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here a total of 6 different times over a 2.5 month period. Every stay was excellent in cleanliness, and ease of check-in/checkout and the staff was always great. After my first stay, Roxanne (I think that is her name) was able to go through all my reservations at once and got all my info in and signed me up for the elite program. I would stay here anytime.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Randy-A999
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard Medford Airport, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Randy-A999,
Thank you for your comments. Our staff takes great pride in not only providing a clean room and a smooth check-in/check-out process, but also a memorable experience. It sounds like during your six stays we were successful in accomplishing this. I was also pleased to read that Roxanne was able to sign you up for Marriott Rewards. It is because of loyal guest such as yourself, we are able to do what we do. Thank you agin for taking the time to let us know about your experience and thank you for chosing the Courtyard Medford Airport.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Medford.

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

First let me say I am very picky and I frequently stay in five star hotels. That said, I cannot say a single negative thing about this property! The entire hotel is clean, modern and well maintained. Our room was quiet, well laid out and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and responsive. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jasperilla
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard Medford Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Jasperilla,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent stay. Our team takes great pride in providing each guest with a memorable experience. I know they will be very excited when I share your feedback. With that being said, if there was anything we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable we would love to hear that as well.

Again, thank you for your time and for choosing the Courtyard Medford Airport. We look forward to seeing you upon your next visit to Medford.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here for a week long business trip and was pleasently suprised. My room was very spacious and clean. One stop bistro with fresh, fast and delicous choices as well as Starbucks coffee. The pool was clean and convenient (lots of towels which I like). I also felt very safe here as every entrance is locked and only accesible by your room key and staff were visable in the lobby at all times. If I ever have to come back via business or leasure I will stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kennisos,
Thank you for the wonderful review! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Athough I may be partial, I would have to agree. I think Marriott has done a good job in designing the Bistro menu. When I travel I often stay in Courtyards because I enjoy having fresh healthy options for breakfast and dinner. On a side note, if there was one thing we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable what would that have been?

Again, thank you for choosing the Courtyard Medford. Please let us know If your travels ever bring you back down this way, as we would love to host you again.

Beaverton
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a recently renovated facility and an excellent place for the business traveler. It is literally at the airport which is nearer to Central Point than Medford so it is a ways from town. It does have clean comfortable rooms with pleasant, modern decor. There is an ample supply of outlets, reliable Wi-Fi, comfortable furniture and work desk and adequate lighting There is a workout room and pool for those who feel like exercise. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. If there is one drawback it is that the only food available on site is either from vending machines or a Starbucks coffee counter which is open on a limited basis in the morning and evening but it's only a short drive to find either food or beverage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had to be down here for a few days for work and was very happy with my stay here. The rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable. In particular the linens were fantastic, very soft and not the icky scrachty ones you get sometimes. The staff was very accomodating and allowed me to check in early as I had just landed and was a few hours early. My stay came with breakfast and the Healthy Start breakfast sandwich was super tasty! All and all, a very comfortable stay for my first time in Medford.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard Medford Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear IrishTravelingGirl,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Courtyard Medford Airport. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your time in the Rogue Valley. The staff always loves to hear when they did a good job, so I will be sure to pass on your kind words. On a side note, I would have to agree, the Healthy Start is my favorite as well.

Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.