“Nice Modern Remodel w/ Comfy rooms”

Courtyard Medford Airport
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was our first visit since the remodel. We didn't think it needed one, but we enjoyed the modern and sleek looking changes. Rooms are still roomy with comfortable mattresses, flat screen tv, and large bathrooms. Stayed in a king suite with a spa-tub. Indoor and outdoor common areas very clean and well furnished. Good technology with free wi-fi or convenient lobby computers and printer. Helpful staff! The restaurant is the biggest change with this Courtyard since it now offers breakfast and dinner (no lunch). The menu is limited, but adequate. We had dinner, but missed breakfast (we were too late). The chicken tortilla soup was delicious! Starbucks coffee is also offered. This hotel is EASY WALKING distance from the airport.

1  Thank MistyFog1

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way to Lincoln City, OR from California and we loved it. It was the day after our wedding and we had a whirlpool in our room we felt so relaxed. We loved that they had wi fi and a cafe that had Starbucks. The indoor pool was awesome too! They had a work out room and a laundry area. What I loved was the outside patio sitting area. The weather was perfect so it was nice to just sit out there

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel is beautifully appointed and the staff is friendly and accommodating... but then you start to see some problems.

First, when putting my clothes into a drawer the entire drawer slid right out scrapping my knee and falling onto my bare feet.

Second, while ironing a shirt the ironing board collapsed. Fortunately no one was injured this time.

And third, when I got into the shower the next morning I discovered the bowed shower rod was loose and hanging with the bow facing downward making it next to impossible to shut the curtain tight on both sides.

This could have been a great stay but was mared by sloppy craftmanship.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Buckingbison
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Room was large and adequate, wasn't too pleased when on turning down one of the beds there were marks on the sheets that seemed to be nail polish (at first I thought blood). Front desk was indifferent but as was only a stopover on the way to San Francisco we didnt bother too much. Price wise I thought it was a tad expensive for what it was.

1  Thank Meggles57
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Meggles57
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as it assists us in addressing any and all issues within our hotel. First, let me apologize. The experience you had at our hotel is not the experience we strive to provide our guest. Please know that I have looked into this matter and can assure you we are doing everything in our power to assure something like this does not happen again. If you ever make it back to the Medford area we would love the opportunity to show you the outstanding level of service Courtyard is known for.

Thank you again for your feedback. If I can be of assistance in any other way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

J.B. Carney

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was our 2nd time staying here, the first time since the remodel of hotel. Aesthetically speaking I'm not a fan of the new bright color scheme that reminds me more of an Ikea showroom than an upscale hotel, but the beds are still very comfortable and the bathroom is nicely designed. We checked in and were given a room right next to I-5, but the staff was very pleasant about switching us to another room facing the airport instead.
Pro: Always clean which is why we tend to stay at Marriots.
Con: Bedding was too thin. The duvet cover is basically like another sheet. They supplied extra blanket, but still not enough on 40 degree night.

Room Tip: Some king rooms have a door that connects to another king room, skip this room unless your friends a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pickipicki
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We had a big room, which was very clean and comfortable. We asked for a quiet room and got one facing the landing strip of the airport. This hasn't been a problem. We had a fridge, but no microwave. There was only one elevator. The ice machine on our floor was broken. Staff was friendly and helpful. We felt safe. Some Courtyards and other hotels of this kind serve free cookies, but this hotel doesn't. Breakfast was expensive. The time on our alarm clock was set 25 mins off. We noticed this much too late and it was inconvenient.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed two nights as part of a four day swing through SW Oregon and NW California. We paid about $260 for the two nights, which was perhaps a little more than I would have expected to pay for an airport hotel in a smaller town, but it wasn't unreasonable. It was within easy walking distance from the airport terminal, even with luggage (which, if I'd known, could probably have saved the overnight cost of a car rental).

We didn't take advantage of any of the hotel's amenities. Staff were very friendly. Check in and out were both smooth and quick. There was no extra charge for the wi-fi, which was included with the room rate. Despite being right next to the airport, we don't remember ever hearing any aircraft noise.

If I was flying into Medford again, I would stay here again and likely wouldn't bother checking around.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family