“Buffet at lunch, menu at dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles

India's Kitchen
Ranked #60 of 296 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Medford, Oregon
“Buffet at lunch, menu at dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I love the buffet since I am able to try a variety of dishes. Indian food is so different, I eat dishes that otherwise probably wouldn't appeal to me, like lentils. The condiments are outstanding. I enjoy their use of yogurt. mint, and other spices.

CA
“Good curry but that was it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Service was slow but adequate. The meal was fairly lackluster, though I did enjoy my lamb vindaloo. We ordered garlic naan, which was sent to the wrong table. When the waiter discovered his mistake, he returned to the kitchen, where a screaming match unfolded over the mistake. I couldn't understand what was being said but it was a bit weird. The waiter returned with our garlic naan wrapped to-go.

I tried to eat some of the garlic naan the next day and it was way too garlicky, with pieces of minced garlic all over it, most of them raw, as though it had been added after baking. I'm a huge garlic fan but it was too much even so.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jonah K
North America
“poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have tried this place several times and I am finally done. The food is ok, but the owners- past and present- are rude! I have seen them have a fit yelling at staff in front of all the patrons, and another time insulting a female guest! Crazy stuff. I won't support someplace like this.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank landshark100
Portland, Oregon
“Medfords Indian Kitchen”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

've tried the lunch buffet twice, a month apart. Both times the same things were presented, though there was some slight changes. The 2nd time the mansoor dahl was changed to channa dalh, and the matar aloo was of different consistency. This is a southern indian style crusine, and on the buffet the only way to get more heat is by the pickle which is a mango pickle of mustardd oil and chili peppers.Their food is subtley spiced. Good chutneys, poor quality deserts.
The gulabs were watery and the syrup just sugar not jaggery! The rice pudding also very watered down, a few slivered almonds, no orris, or kewda essence.. The Dahls were mediocre. The briyani was good as well as the bismati.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mikeford972
Medford
“The Owner is a Jerk!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Can't believe this guy was such a jerk to my wife, he approached our table and told my wife that she was wasting too much food. This guy doesn't know what customer service is..

Visited March 2012