“We passed on McGrath's for 5 years due to a friend mentioning a negative experience. Well, I wanted oysters on the half...”

Mcgrath's Fish House
Ranked #18 of 314 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2009

We passed on McGrath's for 5 years due to a friend mentioning a negative experience. Well, I wanted oysters on the half shell for my birthday and decided to give McGrath's a shot.

Good decision. Oysters were as fresh as could be. Bloody Mary was spicy and flavorful. Jambalaya Seafood Pasta was chock full of shrimp and scallops, very good.

Sorry we waited 5 years to go. We missed out.

1  Thank UncleRMC

Reviewed September 29, 2007

We have eaten at McGrath's many times. Usually the food is excellent. Tonight, a totally different story. We had a party of five, one of the five meals was good. In speaking to another family as we left restaurant, we learned that they too had a below average meal.

1  Thank Blackjack88
Reviewed March 22, 2006

this large restaurant is very likely the best fish house in the area. there are a few food items in the pasta and steak/ribs categories.

it is situated on one side of the small shopping mall behind the Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn hotels.

portions are large and quality good.

layout is spacious with decor matching the rust/dark green colors on the outside of the other mall buildings.

2  Thank Philomela
A TripAdvisor Member
Medford
Reviewed February 2, 2006

For the prices on the menu you would think you would get higher quality or at least larger portions.

After having lunch and dinner several times at McGrath's I have to say it leaves me wanting.

The servers have been well trained to make you think that your very small or less than fresh entree is the bomb and for that I can't blame them.

I do have to say that "fishy" fish has been on my plate more often than not.

It's okay, it really is, but it's really expensive for the quality and quantity.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Wolf Creek Oregon
Reviewed June 30, 2005

I visited this restaurant on Monday June 27th for lunch with my husband and 3 children ages 8 and under. We had a specific seating request which the restaurant exceeded our expectations and provided us with a top notch waitress. The food was excellent and served quickly. We will return to this restaurant when the opportunity to dine out as a family presents itself.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Mcgrath's Fish House? Share your experiences!