“puzzled and disappointed...to say the least”
Review of Parkside Cafe

Ranked #81 of 300 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: American
Medford, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“puzzled and disappointed...to say the least”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

twice we've ordered out from Parkside. the first time was magnificent. I had the Artisan Portebello sandwich, and my husband had the Border burger, and they were great. that was about 10 days ago. I'm working hard so am glad to be able to order meals, and that meal was fresh and lovely.
tonight, not so. I had the fish and chips, my husband had the border burger again. he didn't think it was as good as last time. tasted like the hamburger been bag boiled, not broiled. the french fries are not fresh. they're soggy and mushy and oily. the fish batter is brined, nearly inedable and dangerous for high blood pressure. I'll have to double my meds on this one. generous? 3 medium sized pieces of fish is generous? that's standard! not generous. but the fish is good and tender. and the side? a JOKE. two 2 inch long pieces of squash 1/2 inch thick. $3.00 for that? come on! it says fresh seasonal veggies. try broccoli. peppers. carrots. peas. beans, cauliflower...doesn't take a lot of imagination, and all of those are in season, pretty much year round. on the other hand, the salad was really impressive-you can do that to a salad but not to a mixed vegetable dish? really??? the salad has very crisp lettuce, and not just head lettuce like some restaurants do (head lettuce has only water and fiber, no food value what so ever) and added to it were many of the veggies suggested earlier. carrots, tomato, cauliflower, cucumber, and 2 kinds of cheese. perfect. which makes me even sadder, knowing you CAN do quality. so. we might come back. with a huge caveat. and we might recommend the restaurant to friends-again with a huge caveat. not sure how I would feel if I'd eaten the salad first, but I have to nudge myself into eating salad. I do like it, just not raised on it.
I hope you read your reviews, Parkside, you blew it tonight.
I said yes I would recommend the restaurant because there is no option for "maybe".

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank fenenga

Medford, OR
“Local breakfast hangout.”
Reviewed March 14, 2009

This is a good place to find an inexpensive breakfast that won't blow your socks off but also won't leave you sorry you went. The atmosphere is that of a local small town cafe. The service is pretty friendly and attentive, the prices are very fair, the food is decent and the atmosphere is good.

1 Thank CaboDiner
A TripAdvisor Member
“Here's Your Diner!”
Reviewed February 2, 2006

The Parkside is exactly what we all want at times - homespun food in a homey and tidy atmosphere. The sandwiches are good, the burgers are better and the salad and fresh soups are the best.

Want some real food at reasonable prices? The Parkside is for you!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member