“Excellent Authentic Thai Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ashland
“Excellent Authentic Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner at Siam Cafe with my wife last night and had a wonderful meal. Boo, the owner, is a sweetheart. She is from Bangkok originally so I think she knows how to prepare authentic Thai food (in response to some reviews here claiming this is not authentic Thai). I've travelled in Thailand and have a few dishes I love that are not usually on the menu. Boo prepared me a Pad Ka Pao Gai, spicy ground chicken with Basil, which was not on the menu. It was sublime: fresh, spicy and delicious. We also had eggplant tofu that was lovely too. We finished off with a bowl of Boo's homemade coconut ice cream. All in all a very nice evening out. No alcohol on the menu so we came away with a 3 course dinner for 2 for under $30. I'll be back!!!

• Visited May 2013

Medford, Oregon
“Good food, friendly owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Really good Thai food. Peanut sauce is the best. Owner does most of the cooking. Have eaten here many times. Good lunch options.

Visited February 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had the chicken Phad Thai which I ordered "Extra, extra spicy. I got the most bland phad thai you can imagine. It wasn't bad but the flavor was weak and there wasn't any heat at all.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cth0m
Lansing, Michigan
“Very Nice Dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We got dinner carry-out at the Siam Cafe after reading these reviews, as we were staying at a local motel for several days. The food was very good--of course we were spoiled by Marni Thai, in San Francisco, the best Thai we have ever eaten--but this place did a nice job and we thought our meals were delicious. Be sure to check their location first before you go there, we got lost and several locals sent us in the wrong direction! Once West Main begins, keep going about six blocks until you reach a curve to the right, in the road. The restaurant itself looks unremarkable but again, we came there for the food, not the architecture! Owner very friendly and easy to do carry-out.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Robert P
Medford, Oregon
“weekly diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I work just down the street and come here all the time and cannot believe how consistently delicious the food is. I love Thai and have eaten at almost all the Thai spots in town and everything gets compared (and doesn't stack up) to Siam. Just ate at Bamboo the other day and while the atmosphere is very nice their Pad Thai pales in comparison to Siam as does their Green Bean/Peanut Sauce dish. I have never gotten anything I didn't enjoy from Siam and the owners are the nicest people.

• Visited February 2013