“A great find in Medford. Excellent!”

Punky's Diner & Pies
Ranked #15 of 300 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: American
Seattle, Washington
“A great find in Medford. Excellent!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

It is always great to stumble upon a great find. I have been to Medford many times, but somehow had never found Punky's. We had a local family member recommend this spot on our last visit and what a great find it was!

We were here for breakfast. Big portions and very tasty. The service was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and took great care of us. This is a friendly place. Very clean. A fun atmosphere (50s diner).

Lots of made-from-scratch options here. I can't wait to return and try one (or two) of the home-made pies that this diner appears to be known for.

When in Medford, make it a point to stop in here. This diner earns a very strong recommendation. Top notch!!

3 Thank TravelToRun26
Jim N Connie R, Owner at Punky's Diner & Pies, responded to this review, September 8, 2015
Thank you so much for the wonderful, wonderful review. I am sorry that I did not respond sooner I did not receive a notification upon it's submission. So sorry for the late thank you I appreciate it very much.
Connie (Punky)

Ashland, Oregon
“Great Place for Lunch or Brunch”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The restaurant has been decorated as a 1950s diner with great ambience and lots of light from large windows. It is spotlessly clean and everything looks fresh. Punky is a friendly grandma and her staff give impeccable service with multiple coffee refills etc. The menu includes lots of corny jokes for the kids and adults. There is a daily list of newly made pies and the breakfasts are delicious. My favorite is the Belgian waffles. Lunches are also very good. Parking is no problem with lots of spaces. I go to Punkys regularly and I am very picky about repeat visits. The restaurant is child friendly and there is a separate room for groups. Prices are very reasonable and no one rushes you to leave.

• Visited July 2014
Wow what a wonderful review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write one for us. We really strive to be a place that our customers feel like family. Sorry that I did not respond sooner, but the notification never came through to me. Hope to see you again soon.
Connie (Punky)
Coos Bay, Oregon
“Just fine- order the waffles”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Was looking forward to having breakfast here because of the great reviews, but we weren't terribly impressed. I ordered the Sacramento omlette (server recommended) and the red potatoes. I think everything was cooked just fine, and only my personal preference kept me from enjoying it. The sweetness of the potatoes and the oversalted omlette together just tasted off to me. I really enjoyed the apple butter with the English muffin bread- the butter was amazingly fresh and perfect. Similarly, my husband's waffle was perfection. The atmosphere was pleasant, and the restaurant was spotlessly clean, a big plus. Like I said- overall it was just fine, but we won't be back.

Visited June 2014
Seattle
“Ok....”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Coffee excellent. We had Denver omelette - nothing to write home about - not much cheese, toast was good , but served with little butter on it - service was good and friendly ,nice diner appearance ...

1 Thank 2008Seattle
Federal Way, Washington
“Yum-yum homemade food!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Delicious! Wish we'd found this earlier in our vacation would have eaten here every day. I recommend the biscuits (fluffy and delicious with real whipped butter) and homemade apple butter! Also the homemade English muffin bread is divine! And the corned beef hash is more corned beef than potatoes a real plus. And Seattles Best coffee with yummy flavored creamers or real half and half. Cute, very clean place!

Jim N Connie R, Owner at Punky's Diner & Pies, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for stopping by Punky's and giving us such a nice review. We hope to see you again. Blessings to you.
Jim and Connie