“a new favorite”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Central Point, Oregon
“a new favorite”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I got a certificate for Marco's Pepper Grill from Restaurant.com we wanted to try somewhere new and affordable, this was a great choice.The service was outstanding our server was very attentive and friendly. Our server told our 5 yr old grandson a ninja joke that had us all laughing and he repeats it often. The food was delicious I will definetly be returning. Marco's is now 1 of my favorite restaurants.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Clara R

Medford, Oregon
“Unique and tasty!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Marco has combined his unique experience and training to create his own signature dishes with a Tex-Mex/Cajun flair. The stuffed peppers are fantastic! Panini sandwich delicious! Try the gumbo, too.

Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Place has gone under !!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here quite a few times in hopes it would get better .. The food is decent but the atmosphere and people who work there ruin the place ... I have talked to some employees outside of there and wow it was a lot to take in on what goes on and how that place in run ... Hope things pick up at this place for the future

• Visited March 2013
Southern Oregon
“Menu looked great, food was lackluster.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I suppose I have high expectations, but when you tell me you serve Tex-mex and I get a dry taco with red onions, cabbage and steak, I have to assume you've not been to Texas or Mexico.

Menu looked amazing but managed to have hidden glutens in everything. Even the tortilla chips. Our server must have been newer, but he was kind of rude while trying to be funny. And SLOW.

As we left, we noticed the cook using the microwave to heat a dish, then turn to place it for service.

Sorry. I don't have a lot of respect for the magic of the microwave when I paid you for a fresh, authentic meal. Bummer. I was really hoping some a new favorite place.

2 Thank Mandyanapolis
Medford, Oregon
“Got caught in a Pyramid Scheme Presentation”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had heard about Marco's and wanted to give it a try since we enjoy Cajun food. We arrived to a packed restaurant and were impressed that they were so busy. We were told there was a "large group" tonight, but that they would get us a table as soon as possible. We were pleased when they moved someone that was a part of the "large group" to the apparent group table, cleaned the booth, and seated us quickly.

After placing our order, we noticed someone setting up a white board and people rearranging their chairs. Before we knew it, we were sitting right in the middle of a presentation for some kind of pyramid scheme! We felt like we couldn't visit or enjoy are evening out. One of the presenters was very loud. When our food came, we ate as quickly as possible so we could escape the incredibly uncomfortable situation. I told the server that we should have been told about the presentation so we could have decided whether or not to eat there. He just gave us business cards so we could call ahead next time, as the meetings would be held there regularly. I don't think there will be a next time, which is a shame because both the food and the service were good.

All three meals in our party were tasty and authentic. I had Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya, which was a bit mild, but I was able to spice it up with a selection of hot sauces. Prices did seem a bit high for the entrees considering the type of food and quantity.

Marco's should close their restaurant to the public on the nights of these sales pitches, or at least post it on the door as there is no escaping the presentation in their small space. Our evening was ruined.

• Visited March 2013