“Never again”

Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Alturas, California
“Never again”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Its a place for homeless n drug users. if ur a smoker all rooms are no smoking but seems to be ok to do drugs n smoke pot in the rooms. homeless people roam the parking lots. would rather stay in my car

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Decemberlove19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Gold Beach, Oregon
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Listen, I am about 4 months later to writing this than I had promised (sorry to Rocky, the owner!). This hotel was fine to stay in, nothing special, but very decent. The real perk was that they allowed me to store my car while I was away to my parents in AZ for my dad's 80th. What was even more above and beyond was that they both dropped me up at the airport and picked me up. I did ask them beforehand if I could just pay a fee for them to do this, but, whether they charged me or not--and they didn't--this is really going above and beyond, service-wise!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Scott T
Klamath Falls
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Check in was good, receptionist was very nice, ac worked well and the bed was nice. Unfortunately not much else was good about the stay, where do I start:

TV was old, picture was bad
Remote, power button, #2 and the down channel button did not work
Dust under the TV
Dead bolt did not work when the door was closed
Security latch broken
Ants in the bathroom-wash room
Dead bugs behind the glass of the picture in the room
Night stand lights not plugged in
Coffee pot, no coffee
Asked for and did not receive a wakeup call

I should have known to go to a different motel when I saw the sign no bbq or drinking in the parking lot.
I have stayed in motels that cost ½ what this one did that were much better.

Travelers beware

Room Tip: Sorry to say not much good can be said about my stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Medford hotels

Tacoma, Washington, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here in early March 2013. I had a good experience. I was trying to keep my costs low but not compromise safety and a little comfort. When I pulled up the first time, I was wondering if I made a mistake. This place could use a little paint to brighten up the exterior. There are also a few families who apparently live here longer term. The room was a nice surprise. The bed was comfortable. The room was very clean. I had plenty of towels. There was a small fridge and microwave oven as well as a desk, table chairs and an overstuffed chair.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Jacquie H
Upstate NY
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were arriving by air late at night, just needed a place to sleep before driving elsewhere in Oregon. As with many motels, owner/operators sleep in back of the office -- they answered our 2:00 am ring quickly, and though obviously sleepy were pleasant at checking us in. The room was clean, we slept fine, we went on our way. For the price (the lowest we could find), it was exactly what we needed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PCST
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed August 2, 2011

we stayed there after looking for inexpensive hotels/motels.. for two nights,, we got misquoted by one person..no pets.. but we were first told 100$. then 50$ then 20$ then free, we have a small cat(fixed) them room was upstairs. though we asked for a downstairs. on account i have fibromyalgia. the carpets were dirty. found cig ashes , stained sheets(we slept on top of them) tweezers under the bed,a used q-tip.. the tv was screwed up, wrong listing for channels.. air conditioner barely worked, so we checked out before 12, asked for our money fior the 2nd night, the owner a Hindu lady was not very happy.. so,, do not stay there..

Room Tip: do not stay there. not worth the low price
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We chose this hotel because of the previous positive reviews. However, we cannot recommend this place at all. The reception was slow, basically a one-man show. Although the room was large, the amenities were very basic indeed. There was a bar fridge and microwave, and nothing else, except for some plastic cups. There was also a huge TV, one of the older types, so not only the picture was bad, occasionally the program froze. The two queen size bed were probably the best feature of the room. There were also 2 couches, one of them was a double-sofa bed type, the other a love seat. There were sachets of shampoo and 2 small bars of soap in the bathroom. And best feature here were the towels. But I felt the bathroom floor wasn`t properly cleaned. The most disappointing advertised feature was the wi-fi, which was practically unusable. Lighting was also very poor for such a large room. Breakfast in the morning was basic to the extreme - 2 types of cereal, a small assortment of danish (I counted 6), coffee, milk and enough orange juice for 2 cups.

• Stayed August 2010