“Perfectly adequate place to sleep”

Red Carpet Inn Medford
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were arriving by air late at night, just needed a place to sleep before driving elsewhere in Oregon. As with many motels, owner/operators sleep in back of the office -- they answered our 2:00 am ring quickly, and though obviously sleepy were pleasant at checking us in. The room was clean, we slept fine, we went on our way. For the price (the lowest we could find), it was exactly what we needed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PCST

Reviewed August 2, 2011

we stayed there after looking for inexpensive hotels/motels.. for two nights,, we got misquoted by one person..no pets.. but we were first told 100$. then 50$ then 20$ then free, we have a small cat(fixed) them room was upstairs. though we asked for a downstairs. on account i have fibromyalgia. the carpets were dirty. found cig ashes , stained sheets(we slept on top of them) tweezers under the bed,a used q-tip.. the tv was screwed up, wrong listing for channels.. air conditioner barely worked, so we checked out before 12, asked for our money fior the 2nd night, the owner a Hindu lady was not very happy.. so,, do not stay there..

Room Tip: do not stay there. not worth the low price
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We chose this hotel because of the previous positive reviews. However, we cannot recommend this place at all. The reception was slow, basically a one-man show. Although the room was large, the amenities were very basic indeed. There was a bar fridge and microwave, and nothing else, except for some plastic cups. There was also a huge TV, one of the older types, so not only the picture was bad, occasionally the program froze. The two queen size bed were probably the best feature of the room. There were also 2 couches, one of them was a double-sofa bed type, the other a love seat. There were sachets of shampoo and 2 small bars of soap in the bathroom. And best feature here were the towels. But I felt the bathroom floor wasn`t properly cleaned. The most disappointing advertised feature was the wi-fi, which was practically unusable. Lighting was also very poor for such a large room. Breakfast in the morning was basic to the extreme - 2 types of cereal, a small assortment of danish (I counted 6), coffee, milk and enough orange juice for 2 cups.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank S-Voyager
Reviewed September 26, 2007

They had internet and a fridge. THe room was quiet and I had no problems. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ErikJ
Reviewed July 2, 2007

When I booked my room three weeks in advance I asked specifically for jacuzzi non smoking room. When we arrived I got the keyes to the smoking little and quite dirty room. I asked for my money back, and they issued me a credit, but I had to look for stay elsewhere. I called few days later and asked to speak with the manager, who started to tell me that I never booked jacuzzi suite before and I ha to interrupt our conversation with him, understanding that it leads nowhere.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)