“I have had better chinese food at Jack in the Box”
Review of The New China

The New China
Ranked #67 of 307 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My friend told me you have to be careful what you eat in Medford. Well I will tell you in the last 46 yrs of eating chinese I have never been so disgusted! The Chow mein had not one noodle in it except for the crunchy hard noodle they put in a bag and well the garlic chicken was breaded with sweet and sour sauce. Yuck! The steam rice was dry and the only good part of the meal was the spring rolls . Worst Chinese food ever.:-(

1  Thank nettycoop

Reviewed March 21, 2014

When New China first opened we were so excited that we finally had good Chinese food in Medford!!! We ate there every week for a year and recommended them to everyone we knew.. Well, the last few meals have not been good, the wait staff are nice, but the food is not good anymore :( I hope they correct the problem, but we won't be back.

1  Thank julyjen34
Reviewed February 10, 2014

There is still no good Chinese food in Medford. A foodie friend that I trust talked me into going to this restaurant. I was skeptical but figured I would try this based on his recommendation. Not good at all, what is with the pink sauce at these so called Chinese restaurants? Food was bland and not spicy yet I ordered Kung PAO. The chicken was inedible. One of the others in the group was sick later in the day and is sure it was from his meal.The search for good Chinese goes on.

1  Thank TRC70
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I love Chinese food. I admit that in the Medford, Oregon area it is hard to find one that is consisting good. The place is clean, the staff is nice, the food is excellent! When my husband say would you like to go to New China for lunch or dinner, I always answer, "Yes!"

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

First time eating here. The restaurant was clean, and the people were friendly.
Soup was good but could have been a little hotter.
Food was fresh and tasty and tea was good.
We will return as they had an interesting variety of choices.