Motel 6 Medford South
Rodeway Inn Medford(Medford)(Great Value!)
$86
$80
$163
$142
Hampton.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Medford)(Great Value!)
$90
QualityInn
$146
$125
SpringHill Suites
$148
$135
$131
Best Western Horizon Inn(Medford)(Great Value!)
$109
$106
Hotels.com
$122
$107
$123
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We needed a place to crash during our long drive back home from Monterey to Seattle. The motel is almost exactly in the middle of those two cities. We were a little worried about staying here due to bad reviews and the $60 price but we just needed a simple room to sleep. When we pulled up we thought the location was great and the grounds looked nice! Plus this motel is across the street from a off leash dog park!! They allow dogs at this motel which is a huge plus for us since we bring her with us everywhere. The room was very standard and basic. The grounds are very nice here and I felt safe staying here. This place worked out great for what we needed.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Erikamarie624
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was quiet & clean, no sells of smoke in a non-smoking room. The bed had a slight tilt towards wall. Linings were rough and poor quality. Irritating that the charged $2.99/night for wifi when surrounding motels offered it free & charged the same price or less for a room.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank KarinH5
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Because of many petty problems, this Motel 6 ranks worse than most in this chain. To start, the check-in was unnecessarily bureaucratic, inefficient, and slow. This was no fault of the desk staff, who were patiently bearing the brunt of a series of venting, fed-up customers while I was there. Instead it was the fault of an ancient check-in system with manual write-in forms that management should have updated long ago. Wi-fi cost $2.99/day and required more bureaucratic rigamarole to sign on, again the fault of bad management. The walls of the room were so thin and flimsy that my bed shook when people in other rooms shut their entrance doors--bad design. The room was tiny, cramped, dark, and depressing. The toilet seat would not stay in the upright position and clunked down unpredictably (sorry neighbors in the night). Water came out of bathroom sink faucet at high pressure and spewed water over the user. To top it off, this motel sent me an online feedback form to comment on my stay, but it, too, didn't work. In all, this particular Motel 6 shows very poor top management and maintenance oversight. Only stay here if you are desperate.

Room Tip: On check-out I found there are larger rooms with optional microwave ovens and fridges. Choose one of these.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jdc562
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I were vacationing and headed to the Oregon coast from Crater Lake a few days ago. We decided to stay at this motel 6 since we've stayed at other Motel 6's and they were always decent. We knew we were getting a cheap hotel and we were not expecting anything super special. However, I did expect a clean room. The first room we were put in was not. I always check the bathroom and toilet when I first arrive at a hotel and this one had a hair on the toilet seat. The sink had a clean wash cloth on the counter however there were a bunch of tiny hairs on it and all over the counter, as if a man had cleaned out his electric razor over the sink after it had been cleaned. We are not the kind of people to make a big fuss but we did politely ask for a different room. The staff was very nice and gave us a different room on the opposite side of the building. This bathroom was clean. However you could tell the general upkeep of the hotel was really a low priority. There was a burn mark on the shower ledge (from what I don't know) and a bath mat had been strategically placed to cover it up. There was a melted hole in the top of our tv (half of the channels were snowy/staticy so we could only watch a couple of channels). And when I removed the comforter from the bed there were two cigarrette burn holes. There were two small bars of soap and a note in the room that said if we needed anything like shampoo or conditioner we should contact the front desk as they only had a limited supply of those and they were on a first come first serve basis. Probably the worst part of the room though was a very strong chemical smell. I thought at first it was just the cleaner they used and that I was just not used to that kind of smell. However, after sleeping through the night both my husband and myself woke up with burning eyes and stuffy noses. We felt like we'd slept on the floor of a smoky casino!

Outside of the room there were also some questionable characters hanging out in the parking lot and around the hotel. I'm not sure what was going on but there was someone who had slept in their car outside of our room--not sure why they didn't just stay in a room?

As I stated above, we are not the type of people who want to make a fuss or whine and complain. And we knew we were not paying for a Four Seasons type of hotel stay. But I don't think there is any excuse for dirty rooms--and honestly I know times are tough but a thin queen size blanket without cigarrette burns is relatively cheap nowadays. Do yourself a favor people and don't stay at this hotel. It was not a good experience.

Side note: The staff there were very nice and we in no way blame them for our bad experience. They were apologetic but the problems this hotel has are coming from the top.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Room was pretty small with a small TV, they allow pets there and it still had a little of that smell left. The bathroom had minor cleanliness issues, the toilet bowl wasn´t totally clean. The bathroom vents also carried in smoke smell from adjacent rooms. All walls had recently been painted though and the carpets were clean. The room didn´t have any further amneties such as fridge, microwave or free wifi.

Room Tip: The north side of town also has a couple of motels and restaurants and seems nicer overall.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple