Motel 6 Medford South
Rodeway Inn Medford(Medford)(Great Value!)
$86
$80
$149
$142
Hampton.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Medford)(Great Value!)
$90
$148
$135
$119
$107
Best Western Horizon Inn(Medford)(Great Value!)
$106
Hotels.com
$131
$123
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed here after having stayed at the Grants Pass Motel 6, which was a nicer environment and location, so I expected this would be too. I really did not know what to expect, just passing through on my way home to CA from WA. This felt like a sort of "seedy" location.
The clerk at the counter who checked me in was less than friendly when I told her I needed a quiet room, due to the fact I am a light sleeper. I specifically asked if if it was not a full house, could they give me a room with no one on either side of me. A short while after being in my room, I heard someone slamming the door on their way into the room next door to me. They could be heard talking and moving things around loudly, so I had to call the desk and explain.
Luckily there was a changing of the guard at the front desk, and the woman I now spoke with was very nice and said she would be happy to change my room - 5 points for that clerk, who understood the true meaning of "customer SERVICE."

The room was bare bones, nothing fancy, two tiny bars of soap, and no shampoo. The bed, towels, and bathroom looked clean. The heater had it's own thermostat, with a 3-setting fan, and kept the room nice and warm. While the pillows could have been newer and fluffier, I found the mattress comfortable, almost TOO firm. The TV had the lamest cable channels, I could not find a single decent movie or show to watch - it was all bad TV, sports talk, and weather channels.

I was on a limited budget and couldn't afford to eat out, so I had a cooler with some food, some of which needed to be heated. The Grants Pass OR Motel 6 had a small microwave down near the ice machines, so I assumed this one would also. I was very surprised when I went down with my mug of water the next morning to make tea, and found there was no way to heat it!
They offer "free coffee" from 6am-10am, but what about people who do NOT drink coffee, and who get in very late and can not make it all the way downstairs by 10am? They are out of luck.
They get tepid water out of a thermos that is not hot enough to make tea, and absolutely nothing else to drink. I thought the very least they could do was provide a simple microwave for people to warm things up in, or to boil water in!
I asked the morning clerk about the microwave and without even glancing at me she said:
"No, we don't have one - I know some have them - we don't." No friendliness, no apology, not even a smile.
I won't ever stay at this location again, and it really turned me off to Motel 6's in general.

Room Tip: If you have trouble sleeping, ask for a quiet room, and make sure to explain that means no one on either side of you, no one directly below you. If it's still noisy, call again and ask for anothr room. If you are up all night because of other motel guests, that is the Motel's problem, not yours, and they should accomodate you. Also, try to avoid Fridays and Saturdays, when the motel is more crowded. Weeknights are better, with more rooms to choose from. Bring your own hot water kettle, your own cooler, your own food. And maybe some earplugs, if they are unable to change your room, and you are disturbed by noisy guests or highway traffic.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jane S
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Clean, cheap, close to the highway... apparently smokers and people with pets get the downstairs rooms... smoke rises.... as long as you put all of your valuables in your room and are just looking for a clean place to sleep you are fine...no frills

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The floors were stained, the beds were uncomfortable, and there were locals swimming in the pool that made it clear that they were not staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scuttlebuttin143
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We selected this hotel because it was pet-friendly and cheap. We have a big dog. We just wanted to find a decent motel to crash for the night. Front desk clerk was friendly. There were several local restaurants and a 24hr Winco supermarket nearby. Parking was safe and the area was quiet and close to the I-5. The room met my expectations for the price we paid. Bathroom was clean, beds and sheets were clean though the pillows were a bit small. The room had a peculiar, musty odor when we first walked in but it soon disappeared when the A/C kicked in. No breakfast and wifi was not free. No charge for the dog. I wouldn't mind staying here again for a cheap night with no pretensions.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ianatbragg
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Staying in a place without a cover for the toilet, no shampoo or facial tissues is bad enough, but now they charge 2.99 for internet access. What ever happened to free Wi-Fi?

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends